Recent Purchases - Covergirl

by - Friday, August 04, 2017

Beauty Review NZ had opened up another Beauty Vault and so I took the chance to pick up a few things. I didn't get a sneak peek at what they had so as soon as I got on I quickly picked up 3 items and checked out straight away. Last time from the Beauty Vault I picked up all skincare items and I loved being able to discover new products. This time I managed to get only Covergirl products which was completely by accident. Here's a quick review of the 3 products I managed to get all for free and only paying $14 for shipping!




Covergirl + Olay Simply Ageless 3 in 1 Liquid Foundation in Buff Beige ($31.00)
The first thing I picked up was a foundation. I hadn't really given it any thought but I needed a new one so I figured why not. Can't say I love it as it's quite a thick consistency as well as being slightly too pink as I have a yellow undertone. I might give it to my mum since I think the targeted demographic is for older women.






Covergirl Tru Blend  Contour Palette in Medium ($22.00)
I was actually really excited for this product as I had heard a few things about it when it first came out. Swatching the palette I was thoroughly impressed and the contour and bronzer shade I like however the highlight shade is slight too dark. I have a feeling it might work better in Summer but for now it works well for the eyes too.



Covergirl Tru Naked Eye Shadow Nudes
Another product I was extremely excited about despite the mixed reviews. Can't say I'm overly happy about either. There's a lot of talk of this being a dupe for the naked palette and although the colours are similar, the quality is by far very different. I would recommend the Makeup Revolutions way more if you wanted a dupe. The shades in this palette are lovely and have pretty decent pigment but they're a bit too powdery and don't apply as nicely and took a few swipes to get them looking smooth


Lets Connect! Here are my links!


You May Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love how honest you are with the products. It is very much appreciated. Also, is Covergirl a drugstore brand over there? Because it is extremely pricey. In the US, their product is around $10. Or is everything more pricey in the Australia/New Zealand area?

    Cat // https://cottonandhydrangeas.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't tried anything by Covergirl before but when I see the products online they always look so good!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.