L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay

by - Friday, July 14, 2017

I've got a review today! I'm so so so excited about this one too since this was a product I've been dying to get my hands on but for some reason I just never got round to it. I remember when this line, Extraordinary Clay, from L'oreal first released everyone blogged about how it was so good and now I've finally been able to try it out thanks to Beauty Review NZ!
I've participated in a 'trial team' from beauty review before and it's honestly such a good system because it allows beauty lovers like us to try out products for free! You just express your interest in a forum and if you're lucky you'll get picked and these products will be sent to you and in return you write a review on the site. With that being said all opinions are my own since I was not paid or sent these products by L'oreal.


Starting off with the Shampoo and Conditioner. For me I think shampoo and conditioner are sort of a duo, you buy one you buy the other. Since this line of haircare is aimed for oily roots I felt like the test was to see how long it was until my hair got unbearably oily. During the Winter time I can usually go 1 day without dry shampoo and 2 days with dry shampoo. I was extremely surprised to see that I was able to last 2, and potentially could have been 3, days without washing my hair. I really didn't expect this since shampoo has always just been shampoo for me, nothing special. I also find it impossibly hard to find shampoo specified for oily hair especially in the drugstore - let me know if you have any to recommend! The conditioner was also great as it helps detangle your hair pretty easily and since this line is specified for oily roots, the conditioner doesn't dry out the ends of your hair but does keep them looking healthy. I can definitely say I'll repurchase and give it a try during the Summer time when I'll actually see if it will hold to the same standard. The scent is also so nice so no complaints there - makes my hair smell divine if I do say so myself!


I've never used a hair mask before and at first I thought the Detox Clay Mask was one you applied after however this is one you do before and then rinse out and then shampoo and condition. At first it felt like some what of an unnecessary step but now that I've tried this it's something I'd definitely like to continue use maybe once every week. It sorta does help I guess but definitely not life changing.

The Clay Spray Dry Shampoo is a good dry shampoo. Not anything ridiculously amazing but pretty good. I'm such a fan of the batiste because of the product itself and the price so it's hard to find others compared to that. I definitely will say that this dry shampoo is great for volumising and it's like no other dry shampoo I've tried. As for keeping your hair less greasy it also does well but there is just something not quite there altogether compared to the batiste.


Overall, I'd say that my favourite products from this line has got to be the Shampoo and Conditioner. It does what it says and it's one of those duos that do actually work well together. Honestly, if you've got oily roots I 100% recommend you pick this up since it's so hard to find other shampoos and conditioners specifically for oily hair.

Thank you so much to Beauty Review NZ! This site is definitely my go to for reviews and such before purchasing a product so I couldn't be more pleased with the results I've gotten from this product.

Lets Connect! Here are my links!


You May Also Like

1 comments

  1. I liked the shampoo and conditioner from this line but didn't feel like they actually helped with oil at all. The product I thought made a bit of a difference was the masque, but it wasn't enough to make me repurchase it. The dry shampoo was one of the worst ones I've ever used! Thought it was terrible!
    Helpless Whilst Drying

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.