September Favourites

by - Friday, September 30, 2016

First favourite has obviously got to be my birthday. I find that as you get older presents and such don't matter anymore and the time you spend with the people you love is the most important. I am so grateful to have friends and family here for me whenever I need them and that was definitely the best part of my day.

On to the rest of my favourites...

Beauty


I made my first Anastasia Beverly Hills single eye shadow purchase a few months ago and it most definitely made it into my monthly favourites. Since it was my birthday month I decided to make a purchase on Sephora NZ and buy another single eye shadow from Anastasia Beverly Hills because I was so impressed by that one and I had basically used it all up!
I decided to go crazy this time and get another neutral shade. Ha ha. Birkin is another great transition or a crease shade which I am pretty much using everyday.

Next up is something I recognise because my mum used to always have these lying around. I don't know if she ever had this shade specifically but the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick is such an old favourite for many people and this reminds me of way back when. Certainly Red is a cool tone Red and it's definitely not something I wear on a daily basis but I wore this on my birthday dinner and got so many compliments. I'd definitely recommend this line of lipsticks if you haven't tried them already.

Next up is another throwback to way back when, Chapstick lip balm. This is such an old classic favourite for many people. It has a lovely scent and actually tastes quite nice when you lick your lips, don't really have anything bad to say about it!

Anastasia Beverly Hills Single Eyeshadow - Birkin
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick - Certainly Red
Skincare
I only have one skincare product this month and it is the Thayers Witch Hazel Toner. I purchased this due to the Rose Petal one having such a highly raved status but decided to get the Aloe Vera one instead as I don't really mind the scent of Witch Hazel. I also figured the Aloe Vera would sooth and calm my skin after a long day of wearing makeup, which it definitely does.


Accessories
I'm never the girl that get's all the glam on especially when it comes to accessories. I rarely ever wear jewellery except for my watch and maybe one ring. I took my chance in a Once It Lucky Dip Jewellery for $11 and this was what I received. I have been wearing it every day, literally, since I got them in the mail. They are the perfect simple stud that I think everyone needs. I have no idea what brand this is but you can be sure to find some similar ones on Once it.


Design
I've been getting back into the grove of design outside of uni again which is quite an odd concept for me. I spend 90% of my life dedicated to design in terms of uni so it's odd because I'm now spending the next 10% of my life also on design but not for uni. It's just a whole lot of design! 
But anyways, you'll know this if you follow me on instagram, I have been getting back into typography and handlettering and it was only the start of this year did I post a Hand Lettering Typography post. I have improved a heck of a lot since then and it just goes to show that practice makes perfect!
I also think I might do another one of those posts as well as I have found and learnt some new design typography tips along the way - stay tuned!




Music
I am loving this album FMA by Grace recently, such a catchy tune and it definitely makes the bus ride to uni more tolerable. 


People
Ever since Bachelor in Paradise finished I have not been able to to stop myself from keeping up with the cast and their lives. Specifically I have been obsessed with Jen Saviano who fell in love with Nick, but Nick obviously did not feel the same way. Her style is amazing and she just seems like an overall nice chic! She also has a blog Miss Lifestyler which I am obsessed with because her fashion picks are right up my alley.

Let me know some of your favourites this month, who have you been loving recently? Let me know!

Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97

You May Also Like

33 comments

  1. This eyeshadow looks amazing! This was such a lovely round up :) x

    www.serenbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That lipstick is such an amazing colour, agreed that I probably wouldn't use it everyday but it's perfect for special occasions!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The formula is also really nice!

      Delete
  3. Those earrings are beautiful!! And your photos are so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Revlon Super Lustrous is simple yet so failproof. It was one of my very first lipstick because my grandma introduced me to it.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a classic in my books!

      Delete
  5. The Revlon lipstick is so pigmented and bright, lovely! Also, loving your designs! You have amazing work :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Revlon lipstick is gorgeous! Great pigmentation and what a beautiful red colour! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really want to try Anastasia shadows, I just ordered their new palette and I can't wait for it to arrive! Birkin looks like a great everyday shade x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I cannot believe the pigmentation of that lipstick! love love love it! I'm in need of a good red, so this looks like a great choice :)

    www.thedailydelicacy.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so jealous of your hand lettering typography skills - it’s amazing! I’ve always wanted to learn how to write like that. I’ll be sure to look out for your typography tips post!

    Hannah xx
    lifeissweet.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the look of the lipstick, it looks so bright and fun!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm dying to get my hands on some ABH single shadows! Birkin looks like a gorgeous shade! Intrigued by the Thayers witch hazel too, I've seen a few people talk about it!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your typography is absolutely gorgeous! need to think about selling quotes :) I love the look of that neutral eyeshadow Birkin, perfect for transitioning like you said! That Revlon shade is so bright and absolutely stunning! I've never actually tried a Revlon lipstick! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. These all look really nice! I love that lipstick shade ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow Birkin looks like such a gorgeous shadow shade! xx

    Gemma • Miss Makeup Magpie ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  15. There are some real oldies but goodies amongst your list of favourites :) I especially like the look of the Anastasia eyeshadow!

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That red lipstick is fantastic, awesome faves.

    xo
    www.carinavardie.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those earrings are gorgeous, my best friend has them too!
    Aleeha xXx
    http://www.halesaaw.com/

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a gorgeous red, also need to pick up the witch hazel. Thanks for sharing!
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Birkin looks like such an amazing neutral color, also your typography looks gorgeous. I've always wanted to get into that, but I have zero artistic ability. Thanks for this amazing post!

    http://freespiritized.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. I LOVE the look of that Revlon lipstick - it reminds me of the MAC Relentlessly Red which is a favourite shade of mine, definitely going to have to check that out next time i'm in Boots!

    Hayley xo
    www.frockmeimfamous.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love that look, neutral colors are making a come back and this is an amazing read!

    Check out my new blog flabulousme.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your designs! And those earrings are so cute!

    Sarah // www.sarahincolor.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Chapstick, it's such an oldie but a goodie!

    Melissa the Mermaid

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love that Revlon lipstick! Looks so good on your skin tone!

    I write Mademoiselle Meets Maquillage and Macaroons and I would love for you to give it a read, maybe we can follow each other on social media?

    www.mademoisellemeetsmaquillageandmacaroons.com

    Deepti xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that Revlon red lipstick. A great shade for all round the year. Also, your typography is so cute! Totally pinterest worthy x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Happy belated birthday! That lipstick color is absolutely stunning!!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOVE witch hazel. We've got Thayers here too, but the bottle it comes in isn't nearly as pretty!
    ❤️ Rosalie
    legander.co

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love that Revlon lipstick shade, so perfect. And wow you are super talented, love your designs.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  29. Only the most beautiful dresses glamgown special occasion dresses canada reviews are thought for a perfect beauty like you!Let us buy sexy dresses glamgown dresslilly reviews for great day.

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.