Planning for the New Year - Bullet Journalling #2

by - Friday, January 06, 2017

We've made it! How crazy is this... 2017.
I know everyone gets so excited for the new year. For me it feels like new beginnings and it's a time where it feels like you can almost start over - refresh if you will. Today I've got my second Bullet Journal blog post which I had so much fun doing (my first post is here if you'd like to read). I mention in my New Year goals blogpost that I really wanted to continue using this throughout the year and not let it be one of those planners I use and then stop using when it comes to July. Today I sorta have a flip through and a quick overview of what I've done so far. Since I'm still on holiday technically, I feel like I didn't have much planning to do especially for the month of January so I've kept it pretty simple. 


I'd also like to note that I am still very much a beginner in all of this so the layouts and spreads may not be as perfect as you see in other peoples Bullet Journals.

Index



Something I really like using are post it notes or just little tabs where you can section the pages you may use more often or pages where you want to flip to quite easily. I put these on overall month plans and the weekly plans so that I can flip to the quickly.

Key

Goals & Resolutions






I did a 10 new years goals on my blog last week and this one in my journal is one I want to carry on adding to, which I think is so important personally for myself since I'm always wanting to do and be better.

January







I mentioned in the beginning of this blog post that I have more of a simple and easy layout/spread for this month since there really isn't much planning for me to do on a daily basis as I am still on holiday. The way I've done my planning is that I've sectioned them in weeks rather than individual days. I've also got an overall monthly plan before the weekly sections to use as a quick overview.
I'm also going to Vietnam this month!! This is so exciting as I've never been before and am so incredibly excited. One thing I love using in this journal are post it notes and although they don't look pretty and glam, they do the job well. I have itineraries, packing lists, places to visit and all that and I just stick them in my journal.

Other




I feel like this section is really where the Index comes in so handy! I have these pages where I use as lists and I can doodle whatever I want on them. The four I have so far are 'To Bake', 'To Cook', 'TV Shows' and 'Movies'. I usually put these lists in my phone but I thought they'd be nice in this journal and that way I can illustrate them too. I love my food pages since I am a major food lover and I love to cook and bake so hopefully I'll get round to some of these soon. On my 'TV Shows' page I have all of the tv shows I'm looking forward to in the new year as well as the dates in which they premiere. Survivor and The Bachelor are two I am so keen for!

That is all for today and my Bullet Journal so far. I'm enjoying making this and sharing this with you and I hope you guys like these too. My first Bullet Journal post is here and if you want to read all of them click here
Let me know how you're planning out this new year and what planners you use! Thanks for reading


Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97
Etsy Shop Alongcamekathy


You May Also Like

23 comments

  1. I loved reading this post as I tried Bullet Journalling last year and couldn't get on with it - but this has made me want to try it again and make it as cute and quirky as yours! I hope you'll keep us updated with how this one goes x

    Always, Alice – Huge New Year Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! I've been obsessed with the idea since last year so this was my first year to start! I feel like it's a great way to plan and just put your thoughts down since it can be random or really organised. I'm so so glad you liked this :) x

      Delete
  2. Your journal is so pretty! I use my journal for both bullet journalling and planner so it's easier to use than having two separate books for it x

    http://www.erinazmir.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! So true. I find that my bullet journal is sorta like a journal and more of a planner since I never really actually use my planner

      Delete
  3. This looks like an awesome way to journal / plan! May need to give it a go!

    Happy new year lovely!

    Alya | MoorizZLA xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! It's so fun, more than a regular planner :)

      Delete
  4. Kathy you're like the queen of bullet journalling, you make it look so good! I've always been so intrigued by the concept of this but I'm not sure I could keep up with it. I think I need to try it! xx

    Tash | natashatodd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much!! You have to try, I feel like it's an easy way to plan but it can be really organised or a bit random like mine is :)

      Delete
  5. your handwriting is so beautiful! I really wish mine looked this good! I do love a bullet journal, and I love how you have a key too, so handy!

    Erin || MakeErinOver

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I've just started so really means a lot :)

      Delete
  6. You look so organized. This looks like a great way to plan! Happy New Year!

    Ann-Marie | http://facetocurls.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much!! Happy New year to you too x

      Delete
  7. I loveee the idea of a bullet journal! I've always wanted to do this but hadn't had the chance to! I'll definitely give it a go this year though! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Defs do, for me it's a lot more exciting than a regular planner since it's more of a journal aswell which you can look back on!

      Delete
  8. Your journal looks great! I can't wait to see what you will do in 2017! I also can't believe you are going to Vietnam! It is such a beautiful country! Have a great trip :)

    Cat // https://fromgirlc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I'm so excited and will definitely have photos to share

      Delete
  9. Your journal looks so arty!! I love the idea of bullet journalling!xx

    Lucy x | lucy-cole.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, definitely give it a go!

      Delete
  10. I absolutely love the way you've organised your planner, it's so gorgeous!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com
    https://www.instagram.com/themakeupaficionado17/
    https://au.pinterest.com/bernadette_95/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a cool idea, love it! Hope you acomplish all your goals and have an amazing 2017! Xx

    mylifeasmarinaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Please. No need to apologize for being "amateur-ish"! I think you're drawings are super cute. And if bullet journaling helps you that's really nice to hear! x

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.