New Year, New Goals

by - Tuesday, January 03, 2017



It's 2017. Yes, that is right.
Not only is it a new year it's almost a year since I started blogging. I will do a whole post on that when the time comes but for now I will be sharing my goals and things I want to do in the new year! I wouldn't exactly say that these are new year resolutions, they're just simply things I want to do.

1. Start a bullet journal start a bullet journal series. For years now I have been a fan of writing lists, and writing in a diary, planning and all those sorts so it just makes sense for me to start a bullet journal where I can just record all my thoughts. I've wanted to do this since September but I thought it just made sense to start in the new year, that way I can have a new journal for every year. So far I have one post up on my blog sorta as an introduction which you can read here. My next post will be coming up this week where I share my start on my bullet journal so I hope you guys are excited for that! I also have a pinterest board filled with ideas, layouts and designs which I will keep adding to.

2. Start finishing my makeup products. It's such a bad habit of mine wanting to just rip into stuff as soon as I get home and then I have all this open makeup I probably won't get to use up before they expire! I've seen people do project pan so I think it's definitely something I might do and share with you on my blog.

3. Get a part time job. So last year I had a job almost all year but then it got to a point where I felt like I couldn't keep up with uni. I ended up staying but as a casual and I still am but I would like to find a permanent part time maybe one day a week. I think it's also a goal to maintain a good balance between everything so this will definitely put that to the test.

4. Read more. I set this goal every year for myself and I sorta do it on and off. I really want to try and do this more consistently. I read so many blog posts on book reviews, peoples book wishlist and all of those sorts so I am definitely inspired to buy a few books and start reading

5. Go to every uni class. I did pretty well last year and I pretty much did except for a few classes where I felt like it wasn't necessary to be there. However this year I am going to try and go to every single one since I am paying a shit load for those classes.

6. Getting into design a lot more. I've had my etsy store up for so long now and I've noticed that it hasn't really got anything going for it. Right now I'm thinking of potentially closing it down for awhile then restarting when I know what I'm doing. If any of you run an etsy store let me know some of your tips because I would love to hear! I also really wanna potentially move off of etsy and start a store on my own blog!

7. Learning how to code. This year I've picked my major to be UX UI which is about user experience and interface in terms of design. I have heard that in this class it won't necessarily be about html and coding but more about design which I am very glad as I have no idea how to do any of that. However I think it's something I still wanna learn and know about it my own time.

8. Go on a spending ban once I get home. So I have done a shit load of shopping whilst on holiday and although I saved a lot last year to have all this money to spend, I definitely need to go on a spending ban when I get home.

9. Start a daily routine for myself. For some people routine is a bit of a boring thing and I get that but at the same time I think a routine serves a purpose and provides time management and self management. I definitely wanna start getting back into the groove of doing things consistently whether that be skincare, makeup, food, exercise, etc.

10. This last one may seem weird but it's to finally learn how to use Twitter. Now some of you are probably surprised that it's now 2017 and I'm still unsure of how I'm meant to actually use it. Fear not. I'll eventually get round to it!

Hope you guys have had a good start to the new year so far! Let me know some of your goals or things you want to start doing in the new year, maybe we have a few of the same goals?

Side note: The photo used above is from my instagram in which I am participating in #Januaryletteringmotivation which is where I'll be doing some handlettering everyday for January. Feel free to repost and use these motivational handletterings but please please please credit me! Thanks!

Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97
Etsy Shop Alongcamekathy

You May Also Like

7 comments

  1. Fab goals and good luck with them chick! I really want to read more this year too - I have a pile of books I've never gotten round to reading and I really want to start having more down time too x

    Always, Alice – Huge New Year Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great goals! Hope you get to check off everything on your list this year. Have a great one <3

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your goals for the year! It gets me motivated. I'll need to start bullet journaling this year as well. Happy New Year!
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great goals! I hope you will reach them in 2017! I need to learn how to properly use Twitter too! Hopefully we both will learn soon!

    Cat // https://fromgirlc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really want to try and finish my makeup products, I feel so wasteful starting something else before finishing something!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great goals and I wish you good luck!! This year I want to read more, I have so many nice books on my list but I never find time to read, I do that only on my summer holidays! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are some really amazing goals. Wishing you all the best for 2017. I hope you live up to all of them x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.