Plane Essentials

by - Friday, November 11, 2016

As this post is up it is only 3 days till I leave since on the Tuesday I will be leaving at 3 in the morning for my flight to Thailand. I am beyond excited for this trip and my next post up on this blog, I will be in Bangkok. Thought I'd share a quick essentials post as well as a super basic outfit but nonetheless, very comfortable outfit.

Outfit



Personally for me, the worst thing about a trip is the plane journey it self. I know this excites a few people but for me, just thinking about it makes me wanna cry.
So my outfit is 100% basic and 100% comfortable which is how I always travel no matter where I go and no matter how long the flight is. This flight is a little longer at 12hrs which is why I think that comfort over style is the way to go. Also the grey jumper is super cozy and soft on the inside so that will be nice on the plane. Also - arriving at Thailand I definitely don't want to be wearing anything offensive at a time of grief which is why I've stuck with these colours.

v neck - old navy


Dark grey jumper - kmart

black long leggings - cotton on

Marc Jacobs Amy Watch

Jansport bag
I also like to carry a backpack to put all my stuff in. I remember a few years ago I used to carry a tote bag and it would just be a pain because my bag would be heavy and then the straps just kept falling off. This time there will be none of that!

Essentials


Ipad and Iphone - basically a must since I have a layover in Sydney so I have to find something to kill time.
Chargers - There is no way my phone would ever last 15hrs if I'm constantly using it.
Headphones - I always listen to music whilst travelling, definitely something that calms me.
Neck Pillow - I feel like this is an item which people either love or hate. I do admit that it does look kinda funny when people wear these throughout the airport on their neck.
Glasses - I don't get how some people wear contacts whilst travelling, it's just a pain for me and I can barely keep them open after a few hours.
Eye mask and ear plugs - I always try to sleep on the plane and it's impossible for me to sleep in any kind of light or noise.
Cleanser - Dermalogica clear start foaming wash which is the only travel size one I had.
Micellar water - I've put my favourite, the Garnier micellar water, in a travel bottle but this is nice when I just want to cleanse and I don't wanna go to the bathroom.
Witch blemish Stick - I pretty easy skincare to use and take with me. It's not my favourite but it's just much more convenient than any other acne product.
Tooth brush and tooth paste - there is nothing worse than that feeling of an unclean mouth!
Lip balm - If you've ever been on a plane or know someone whose been on a plane they will all tell you that the air in the plane just sucks everything out of you and everything is terribly dry.
Compact mirror/brush - I bought this hello kitty compact whilst in Japan years a go and I take it everywhere with me. It's always nice to have a mirror handy too.
Hand Sanitizer - These B&BW ones smell so nice so they kinda double as a nice scent which helps as airplane have this distinct smell to them which I hate
Tissues - I literally carry tissues everywhere with me since I know I get sick quite easily and I am a bit of a clutz
Deodorant - 100% an essential in my opinion. I can't stand the idea of smelling bad - it also helps freshen up



Are you guys going on any trips soon? Let me know some of your essentials and what you like to pack for a long haul flight. 
I also have an everyday essentials post up which I did so long ago but I'll most likely be taking a lot of that too!
Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97
Etsy Shop Alongcamekathy



You May Also Like

28 comments

  1. This outfit is literally what I wear every time I get on a plane, I used to try to look cute and chic but now I just throw on some leggings and a hoodie haha x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you agree! Comfort > style amiright?

      Delete
  2. Love, love this post since I'm going for another trip soon. It's so true, style is the last thing in my mind when I'm boarding on a plane.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trips are so exciting, but being uncomfortable on a plane is not so comfort is defs the way to go!

      Delete
  3. Ive never flown long haul before but I have a short flight on Sunday and my iPod will be glued to my hand! I need to remember my neck pillow too and I'm definitely going to give my contacts a rest for once!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Contacts are the devil when flying

      Delete
  4. I love your outfit, simple but so cute! Have fun in Thailand :)

    http://www.myclusterofthoughts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your plane picks! Definitely need to be comfortable xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful post, absolutely love it!

    -xx, Sia
    http://www.siafoch.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. My skin always feel extra dry on the plane and a hydrating mist is a must. A hydrating mask may be a good idea. Some people may do a paper mask on the flight but I don't want people to stare :) Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I always wanna do a mask but go so self conscious especially sitting next to someone you don't know!

      Delete
  8. you look like you've got plane essentials down packed! lovely post x

    Liz | LotsofLoveLiz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahah, almost. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  9. I'm leaving for Budapest in early December and I'm so excited, I really need to make sure I've packed all the right things. Thanks for this post and have fun at your trip!

    Found your blog via bloglovin and I'm really liking your content! You can find mine below:
    MY LATEST POST
    bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats so exciting, I hope you have the best time and thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  10. My main essential is a good book, can't go anywhere without a good book :)

    Rosy | Sparkles of Light Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not much of a reader myself and I find planes are the worst situation for me to read and I don't know why haha!

      Delete
  11. Thailand is amazing! My parents traveled there and I know it is a beautiful place! I always have with me face wipes, tissues and deodorant when traveling, and I always make sure I wear something comfortable! x

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, thats so great hope you visit one day! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  12. Your Marc Jacobs watch is stunning! x
    www.flareaforte.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great essentials, your watch is absolutely beautiful.

    Abigail Alice x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing ssentials for any girl. Great post, dear. Glad to find your blog. What kind of camera did you used? 3 tips for wear gold jewelry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nikon D3200! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.