I Hate Flying

by - Tuesday, November 15, 2016




So I've woken up at this ridiculous time in the morning to get ready for the airport and found myself with a bit of spare time. I thought I would just write a quick post on a few things about travelling and planes.
Don't get me wrong, I love travelling and I think it's such an exciting experience, however as I have flown more and more throughout my life I have found that flying is probably one thing I really really, and I mean really hate.

The rush and stress of it all really gets to me. I feel like I'm never calm on a day when I'm getting on a plane and it's even worse during security checks. Trust me I'm not even doing anything wrong but I probably look like I am a serious danger to everyone in the airport. I think international flights are a bit more of a struggle and domestic flights don't get to me AS much as international flights do.

The actual plane journey there. Now there are different parts to this.
First is the air in the plane. It's so drying and icky to the point where I feel sick. My skin always turns out terribly after a plane ride and theres no skin care routine I can stick to that will keep my skin from going bad to worse
Secondly, I can never eat any of the food on the plane. I'm quite a picky eater and that's obviously my issue but even when it's a pretty nice meal I feel like it still tastes like old stale food. The whole vibe also is not very appetising, lets be real.
And then we also have the seats. I mean I'm quite a small human being, fun size if you will, but the recline is just not enough for me to be able to rest and relax comfortably. I'm always envious of those people around me who sit in their seat for hours and hours without moving, seemingly in no pain or ache at all.

Guys, let me know if this is a struggle for everyone or is it just me?



Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97
Etsy Shop Alongcamekathy


You May Also Like

19 comments

  1. Im the exact same as you! One of my life goals is to conquer my fear of flying and enjoy it as a positive experience :)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the exact same way! flying is horrible!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love traveling, but I agree that the seats are so uncomfortable. I find myself moving around a lot on my seat too. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh gosh, I am the opposite of you as I love flying and plane food! LOL! My husband thinks I'm freaking weird because plane food usually are not the best but hey, if I don't have to cook...I'll take anything. Haha!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg, how?! hahah. I wish I was in your shoes, I would love to enjoy the plane aspect of travelling!

      Delete
  5. Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. All in all, flying is such a dismal experience for me, there are elements I like, for instance when I first sit down I get excited (mainly because I am thankful I made it past security haha) because I am going to a new place. Great post, thanks for sharing x

    ALittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I always get that feeling when I pass security safely too, even if I know I'm not doing anything wrong!

      Delete
  6. I find flying so scary! Great post Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Ugh, worst aspect of travelling haha. Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  7. I've only been on a plane 4 times and that was really long ago! I'm going to be flying out to the Philippines in March, I'm kinda excited haha. I always hear about the air being really dry so I'll be sure to come prepared for that! Do you have any tips to beat that downer? :)

    Nicole | The Glam Surge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh, so exciting for you! For me I just can't make myself comfortable on a plane. Planes are definitely drying for sure so I sometimes take moisturiser but definitely bring lip balm.

      Delete
  8. I've never been on a long haul flight so I'm not sure how I would cope, I'm fine with short flights though although I agree I hate rushing, so I always give myself so much time!

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For me even short flights bother me. I just think I'm not one to travel haha!

      Delete
  9. I feel the same about a lot of these Kathy! I get very excited about the concept of flying and travelling to new places but the actual reality of flying is never much fun haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only been on a plane once and it was ages ago - I can't remember how I felt on the flight haha! I do agree that the rush and trying to get there on time is very stressful, I'm flying this coming March so I can board my cruise and I'm praying that there is no snow that will delay our flight, otherwise we'll miss our cruise and be out of money :(

    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh so exciting. Definitely hope your flight isn't delayed. It's the worse and then you've wasted all this money as well as time

      Delete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.