Top uses for Coconut Oil

by - Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Coconut oil has become really popular recently and the first I heard of it was to use it for cooking as it is much healthier. I'm sure there are a million and one ways to use coconut oil but I have a few ways in which I love to use coconut oil.
I purchased mine off of iherb in case you were wondering.



Makeup Remover. It works amazing as a makeup remover. I usually take a small scoop of this and just massage it on my face and you slowly see the makeup coming off. It's also really moisturising and gentle so I would recommend this for anyone who has quite sensitive skin.

Eye Cream. Another great use for your face as it's so moisturising. I would recommend this for at night as it doesn't really sink into the skin straight away like a normal cream.

Lip Balm. I use coconut oil every night before bed and it does wonders especially during the Winter time. I used to love Vaseline, and I still do, but this works a lot better and gives much faster results.
put a bit on before bed

Hair Mask. I like to use this instead of conditioner nowadays as it's so much better because it really nourishes you hair and makes it so shiny!

Body Scrub. This oil smells nice so add a bit of brown sugar and any other essential oils and you have yourself a homemade scrub.

Cuticle Cream. I always have dry skin and cracked skin around my nails and it's a pain to deal with. Adding a little bit of this before and after a mani will help out.

Soothes Itchy Bites. Sometimes i'll get these weird rashes or itchy bites that I just can't stop itching so coconut oil really helps soothes it.

Elbow Skin aka weenis moisturiser. We all get it. It's normal. The skin on my elbow is always so dry and really rough so using this as a body moisturiser nourishes it so much more.

Shaving Cream. I never recommend anyone to dry shave as it can cause ingrown hairs. So if you don't have any shaving cream around just whip out your coconut oil and use that instead. It also works really well as a moisturiser at the same time so two birds with one stone!

Food. I mean... duh. Using it as a cooking oil or in your coffee/smoothie will do.


I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I really recommend you try out coconut oil as a part of your daily routine as I have found that it has really helped my skin and such.


Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97

You May Also Like

22 comments

  1. I love using coconut oil as a hair mask, it's the best treatment for frizzy hair. I also combine coconut oil with sugar for a body scrub! Love the feeling afterwards!:) So many great uses!

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep a jar by my bed and always put it in my hair! I never thought about using it on my lips or cuticles, thanks for the tips x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use coconut oil for so many things but Ive never tried it as a shaving cream before. I will have to try that out soon x

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. The post is so amazing! I love it:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'm gonna get myself a jar of this x

    Erin | Erin Azmir

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have coconut oil and I mainly use it for cooking. However I love when my hands smell of coconut so sometimes I use it to moisturise them. Iga x http://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, this is so interesting! Thanks for sharing dear!

    Faye .x

    Blog: http://fayeisabella.co.uk/2016/09/the-street-style-debate-response-to-us.html
    Instagram: http://www.instagram.com/fayeisabella

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love coconut oil, it has so many great uses!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. In my opinion coconut oil is the number 1 product overall because of it's versatility. Next, after that is the aloe vera which has a lot of other uses as well. ^^

    Joanne at Urhappybunnie

    ReplyDelete
  11. I haven't heard of a hair mask. It sounds interesting so I'll definitely look into it.

    BBB XXX www.beautybeblogger.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wish I had known about the use for bite cream before! that would have saved me this summer.
    TheBrondeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wish I had known about the use for bite cream before! that would have saved me this summer.
    TheBrondeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  14. We've recently bought a tub of coconut oil and we're so excited to crack it open. There are so many things you can do with coconut oil. It's so versatile which means you'll definitely get your money's worth

    A Pair of Ones | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  15. I knew coconut oil could be used for a bunch of stuff but I never thought about using it as a makeup remover!

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Coconut oil is one of my favorite multi-tasker products! You can do so much with it.

    Rae // http://www.raechic.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've read so mucj about cocnut oil lately! Reallu need to get some! Especially now that winters coming, my skin gets so dry!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love using it for body scrubs and lotion!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love coconut..i live coconut
    http://www.fashvo.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loved this post! There is literally endless uses for Coconut Oil, best thing ever haha! X

    www.katherine-amy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love coconut oil for pretty much everything. But as a hairmask its the bomb.com, I do mix in some castor oil though. But coconut oil is seriously the best. Great post.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.