Homemade Pita Chips - Foodie Friday #1

by - Friday, September 09, 2016

My last food/recipe post was my Easy Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe which was quite unhealthy so I thought I'd share a much healthier recipe today. Homemade Pita Chips!
I wasn't really expecting these to taste that great to be honest as I've tried making tortilla chips before and they just didn't crisp up. These however were much much more successful and I really do recommend them.
The pita I got were also Vegan and Gluten Free!


.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .
What you need
- Pita Bread
- Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper (or any other seasoning of your choice)
.   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .   .


Method
1. Preheat your oven to 190°C
2. Cut up your pita bread into small triangles. For me, one small pita bread made 8 pieces.
3. Place the pita triangles into a tray and add olive oil and your seasoning. Add however much olive oil you need to cover each piece.
4. Mix it around so that the olive oil and seasoning is stuck to the pieces
5. Spread till they're all in a single layer. I ended up using 2 smaller trays.
6. Place the tray in the oven for around 10 minutes or until golden. 
7. Then take the tray out to flip the pita chips onto the other side. Place the tray back in and bake for another 5 minutes or until golden.
8. Let it cool for a little bit then enjoy!


The end result was far beyond my expectations! These are crispy and lovely to have straight out the oven or the day after.


Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97


You May Also Like

26 comments

  1. I love making these! I usually bake them to add to my salad and I also add oregano on top, after they are baked! It makes a huge difference!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I love them in salads and using them as croutons!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this recipe! I have never attempted to make pita before but I may give this a try! :)

    xoxo
    Regina
    http://mybeautymusings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try, such a healthier option compared to potato chips and such!

      Delete
  3. Looks easy to do and delicious! I might give it a go tonight actually! Love, Iga http://igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely do! They are so easy and quick!

      Delete
  4. yum! I love pita chips and this sounds soo good!:)

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look so yummy! I love pitta bread, so I'll definitely try these. Thanks for sharing :)
    A Blushing Beauty Blog x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looks so good! I have never actually tried Pita bread, I'll definitely need to give this recipe a go!
    StephanieCbeauty

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious I will for sure be trying this recipe out!! Thanks so much for sharing :)
    Beth x
    bethabigail.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness these looks so delicious! I must try these out today :D looks so easy to make too :-)

    ~ Jasmin N
    Little Things With Jassy
    Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god, these look amazing! I need to try your recipe soon :) x

    http://serenbird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm this looks delish, definitely going to be giving your recipe a try, it looks so easy to do. I've been addicted to babaganouj and muhammara lately so these would be perfect for dipping in!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. They came out looking lovely. Look so golden and crispy :)

    http://sandrafsilva.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow, these look amazing!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pita chips are my faves!! Such an easy recipe too!

    XoXo,

    Tamara - LoveofMode.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. These look delicious and so simple to make. Definitely going to give them a go!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pita chips are one of those chips that just seem to go with everything, from savory to sweet! We've never thought of making some but your recipe is giving us some inspiration!

    ISA Professional

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.