August Favourites

by - Friday, September 02, 2016

This month has been crazy busy for me. I have been trying to put more attention into blogging as well as maintaining a good balance in my uni work so things have really picked up the pace and it's not exactly as easy as I really thought it would be. I'm currently on my mid semester break which gives me time to write a whole bunch of blogposts as well as catch up on any assignments and assessments I am behind on. So that's my quick life update and onto my favourites...

Makeup



One thing that gravitates me towards a product is how convenient it is to use and travel with on the go. Sometimes I find myself in such a rush and I will be that one girl doing their makeup on the bus, so don't mind me, but that definitely means I love a product that you can just whip out and quickly put on. 

The Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Stick Foundation is great for those situations and has truly saved my life. I think it's been a previous favourites before and since then I have repurchased which just shows you how much I like it. It keeps me shine free and smooths out my skin a little bit which makes me look somewhat put together. I am running out of it soon so if you have any stick foundations to recommend please let me know, preferably one that keeps you matte/shine free.

Next product up is a lipstick. The Mellow Cosmetics Lipsticks are great and I love the shade Posh especially as it is a shade I can wear on a daily basis. I've always been a lip tint/lip stain kind of gal but recently for some reason I thought I would get some of my lip sticks out and start putting them to go use and this has been my go to.

Lastly is the ZA Gel Eyeliner. This is a product I have used for ages now, like ages, and I don't even remember when I started it but it's amazing for tightlining and waterline. I never really liked doing either of the two just because I hated the idea that it was close to my eye and that I really had to go over and over it to actually get something on there. This however glides on so smoothly and it barely takes a second. I would say it lasts pretty well but definitely not all day.




Skincare


I am constantly trying new skincare products out and different ways to help out my skin as much as I can. Recently, and I really have no idea what I have been doing, my skin has cleared up a whole lot. Obviously during that time of the month, break outs happen, but other than that my skin has kept clear for the most part and I couldn't be more happy. These are some of the products I have been using consecutively so I am to assume that they have somewhat helped out my skin. 

Coconut oil... Has this not changed my life?! It has! This is genuinely something I don't think I can live without now as I use it everyday and almost all the time. I use it as a makeup removed, lip balm, moisturiser, hair mask and I could just go on and on. 

Witch Blemish Gel is a product I have reviewed before and you can read that here Witch Skincare, and my opinions have definitely somewhat changed. Since that post I stopped using it for awhile and recently at the start of last month I wanted to go back and use up most of my products rather than buying new ones. After using this for about a month it has really stopped so many blemishes from occurring and that little extra step in my skincare routine has really helped.

Lastly is the Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser. This is such a common product but it was one I hadn't tried so I knew I had to get it because basically everyone has used it before. It's a cleanser that doesn't foam up which I didn't think I would like as I have used other ones before and I felt like it didn't do much. Since my skin has cleared up I didn't want to attack it with harsh products so I knew this would be a safe cleanser to use.




Lets Connect! 
Instagram @alongcamekathy_
Twitter @_kathy97

You May Also Like

47 comments

  1. Replies
    1. Right?! It's so nice for everyday :)

      Delete
  2. Za is one of the first brand I tried, I love their eyeliners, too!

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great brand, I definitely need to try more of their products!

      Delete
  3. Lovely picks - I love the look of the lipstick. Such a pretty shade. I've tried that Maybelline Fit Me Stick before for contouring but never actually tried it as a foundation. I'll have to see that through next time! :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been able to get a dark shade enough for contour! But I definitely will try find it

      Delete
  4. I use coconut oil as a hair mask too and I love it! The shade of the Mellow Cosmetics lipstick is so beautiful! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the best and also really inexpensive!

      Delete
  5. I've never heard of Mellow Cosmetics - that lip colour is so gorgeous! X

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great brand and they ship worldwide!

      Delete
  6. I might have to try that foundation, I love stick foundations!

    Danielle xx
    http://www.fashionbeautyblog.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so nice and the coverage is great!

      Delete
  7. That nude lipstick looks stunning!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post!! :))
    xoxo Antonela

    librodibellezza.blogspot.hr

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Cetaphil! I also really love CeraVe, which is what I've been using lately. The CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser has worked absolute wonders for my dry skin! Great post :) xo Hannah

    The Daily Delicacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried CeraVe before! I don't have dry skin though only when it's really cold during the Winter time!

      Delete
  10. That lipstick shade is so beautiful! Also, I love coconut oil for my hair. My hair loved it when I put it on once in a while x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. That lipstick is such a pretty colour! I need to pick up that Maybelline stick too. I use the Witch blemish gel too and love it. It definitely saves my skin from getting worse.
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The blemish gel is amazing once you use it for awhile!

      Delete
  12. These all sound wonderful! The shade of that lipstick looks perfect ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  13. This lipstick looks sooooo cute! x

    http://serenbird.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. That lipstick shade is so gorgeous :)

    http://yourbeautyjournal.com/how-to-style-the-off-shoulder-clothing-the-fashion-guide/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would love to try that gel liner! Awesome post! =)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never knew Maybelline did a stick foundation(probably because it isn't sold in the UK)but sounds really good x

    http://daisyypetals.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's annoying! I really love it and it's got such a good coverage.

      Delete
  17. Love the packaging of the mellow cosmetics lipstick!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I love the sleek matte beige

      Delete
  18. This lipstick is such a gorgeous shade!

    Tia | https://the10amblog.squarespace.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I wish the eyeliner and lipstick were available in Germany! I actually use the foundation stick and I love it! I wouldn't know a better one to recommend for that price-quality ratio! It is also really expensive to buy coconut oil here....

    xx, rebecca
    awayinparadise.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mellow cosmetics does worldwide shipping which is great! I definitely recommend their lip products

      Delete
  20. Beautiful post and photos - in love with that lipstick shade! xx

    http://www.mimazine.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  21. That lipstick is gorgeous, I haven't heard of the brand before but definitely need to look into them.

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such a nice brand! They do worldwide shipping as well so go have a look at their website

      Delete
  22. You sound like you have been super busy! I adore the lipstick shade that is SO pretty!

    xo, Christina
    http://www.christinabeex3.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely been one heck of a month! Thanks for reading :)

      Delete
  23. OMG I'm loving that lipstick. Such a lovely shade and the packaging is a prettier version of mac, haha.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.