Top uses for Tea Tree Oil

by - Friday, August 12, 2016

I'm sure Tea Tree Oil is something everyone has heard of or used before and if not, you really need to get your hands on some. There are a few ways I use my Tea Tree Oil which I've found to work really well.



Acne. I'm sure you have all heard that this is a great spot treatment as it helps reduce the inflammation and gets rid of the redness. Sometimes if the tea tree oil is too strong it will sting a bit so you can add water if it's too much for your liking.

Insect Bites. This works really well and becomes a staple during Summer. Just place a drop of this on an insect bite and rub it in. This also stops you from itching it.

Ingrown hairs. Sometimes I'll get ingrown hairs when I shave my legs so I like to add a few drops of this along with coconut oil or something similar and just massage it into certain areas where it's needed. You can use this on it's own as well but the coconut oil also helps moisturise.

Dandruff. I really don't use this enough when really I should be. Add a few drops to this whilst shampooing your hair focusing on the scalp leaving it to sit for awhile then rinsing. I have also used this whilst conditioning, once again focusing on the scalp.


I'm also going to cover two brands of Tea Tree Oil I am quite familiar with - The Body Shop and Thursday Plantation



I'm not sure if many people are aware but The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil is not 100% Tea Tree Oil and is actually only 15%. Now this seems like nothing compared to 100% but I found this to work for me when I first started using. However as I started using it more and more I saw less and less results. So if you've tried The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil and seen no results, I really suggest getting a different brand.



The Thursday Plantation Tea Tree Oil is 100% tea tree oil which means it is very strong in comparison to The Body Shop. In my opinion I would only purchase the tea tree oil from The Body Shop if you found the 100% one to be too strong and didn't want to dilute the 100% tea tree oil yourself. 

Thursday Plantation is not the only brand that does 100% Tea tree Oil and you can find heaps on iHerb which I have seen.


Hope you enjoyed this blog post, let me know if there are other uses for Tea Tree Oil that you use regularly!

You May Also Like

23 comments

  1. My mom use tea-tree oil practically for everything; sanitizing, sometimes to help her battling headache (because she's fond of the smell).

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely give it a go next time!!

      Delete
  2. Great post! I didn't know Tea Tree Oil could be used in so many ways. Aside from the things you mentioned, I heard it's also good for combating head lice!

    Nicole | In The Life of NM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would have helped during my younger years haha!

      Delete
  3. Ooh I didn't know it was good for dandruff too! Great post, I'll be trying this now xxx

    AlLittleKiran | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so inspiring! I love the post:)

    irenethayer.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used tea tree oil in years but after reading your post I'm going to get some ready for mozzie bites when I go on holiday.
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so great for holiday trips, you can use them for so many things :)

      Delete
  6. I use this for spots all the time, but never even thought about using it for insect bites! I'll have to give it a go x

    |Georgia Megan|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great, also stops you from itching I find :)

      Delete
  7. I didn't know that you can use the tea tree oil for ingrown hair, I will keep that in mind! I used to use it for the spots, it really works!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely works for ingrown hair, you just have to use it consistently :)

      Delete
  8. I love using tea tree oil when I know a huge zit is about to emerge, but I didn't know about all the other uses you listed! Tea tree oil is such a miracle worker product haha I sometimes add a couple of drops when I'm mixing up a clay face mask.

    www.thewanderingkitsune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I've never tried that but definitely will because I'm sure it'll help with spots :)

      Delete
  9. I love using tea tree oil on blemishes.. I put in on and leave it over night and it works miracles. Lovely post sweet.

    https://sara-xo.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love using tea tree oil but i didn't know you could use it in your hair, thanks for the tips!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the smell of Tea Tree Oil and I just find it really soothing!

    Abby Talks

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.