July Favourites

by - Friday, July 29, 2016

And we're onto the next month! I know I say this in every monthly favourites but 2016 has really flown by. I don't really have that many favourites this month as I have been loving many of the same things as last month so check out previous favourites - June - if you're interested.
Also if you missed last weeks memo, I made an instagram which I will use more frequently alongcamekathy_, so please feel free to follow and also leave your instagrams down below so I can follow :) 

First favourite of mine has definitely got to be my end of year trip to Bangkok, Thailand! November is still a bit away but I already can't wait for these months to go by. Stay tuned (in the far away future) for all sorts of posts from this trip :)



Beauty 

Anastasia Beverly Hills Warm Taupe, NYX Above & Beyond Green Concealer, Essence the Gel nail Polish in 48 My Love Diary
Anastasia Beverly Hills Warm Taupe is such a lovely shade and as you can see I have well and truly hit pan on it. This is the only shade I've ever bought from Anastasia Beverly Hills and I definitely recommend everyone to try their shadows because of how pigmented this one is. This one in Warm Taupe is a warm toned brown and is great for a crease colour which is what I basically use everyday.



NYX Above & Beyond Concealer - Green is a great colour correction concealer. I haven't tried their regular concealer colours yet but I definitely want to as I quite like the coverage this one has as well as the texture of the concealer. I like to use this on my red blemishes and as it's a bit thicker in consistency it covers pretty well. I then go over with a powder foundation on a sponge.  



Essence The Gel Polish in 48 My Love Diary. I really didn't expect much with this nail polish at first as it was only around NZD $3 which is very inexpensive however I am pleasantly surprised by the consistency, colour, finish and quality of this polish. I love that this is such an easy polish to use due to it's fairly big brush size which means one application will cover your entire nail bed. The consistency is also great, it's not clumpy or sticky and I've had it for a month now and it's lasting pretty well. The finish of this polish is also just amazing as you get that gel finish without using UV rays. Overall I highly recommend this brand and this colour as it's the perfect pinky mauve.


Fashion

Puffer Vests are definitely in this winter. My favourite one I have been wearing a lot is this Navy blue one from Old Navy. I love this one in particular because it has a sort of waterproof material on the outside but a fleece on the inside so it keeps you really warm.




You May Also Like

54 comments

  1. Love the essence nail polish! X

    www.beautylifebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're honestly so amazing, can't recommend them enough!

      Delete
  2. Great picks! Have fun in Bangkok! Can't wait to see photos! :)

    Nicole | In The Life of NM // Enter My Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'm excited to blog about that trip :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my, I really love the color of that nail polish. Such a perfect color for this season.

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The finish is also lovely, very 'gel' like :)

      Delete
  4. I purchased too one Essence gel in a lighter colour a long time ago, used it once and then forgot about it. I must find it asap! Love this colour!

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have such nice polishes! I definitely have to get more

      Delete
  5. Hey sunshine! So exciting, that you are going to visit Bangkok! Don't forget to try Green Thai Tea with ice is delicious! If you need any tips let me know! Best wishes, Iga

    Find me at: www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These all look lovely! I've been meaning to try more Essence nail polishes, it's so hard to find good, cheap, cruelty-free ones ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are honestly my new favourites now, the finish and longevity is incredible!

      Delete
  7. Trip to Thailand? That sounds exciting, it is one of the places I'd like to visit too! My love diary is pretty colour!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to visit one day!

      Delete
  8. Love that nail polish, it's such a beautiful colour!! Xx

    ARIADNA||RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
  9. The NYX Concealer looks nice, I want to get the correcting palette but I know I won't even bother to be so detailed with my concealer haha x

    | www.noirettediary.com |

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My thoughts exactly! The green itself works well for me but I've also thought about gettin s colour correcting palette too

      Delete
  10. Love the idea of the correction concealer. I've never tried correction make up but I'd love to give it a go! x

    www.57-days.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. The NYX colour correction looks so good, need to try this! x

    Tash | natashatodd.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It blends so well and is really smooth!

      Delete
  12. I've just tried out my first Essence product and have been SO impressed. Definitely going to have a more thorough play with the brand

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. so jealous you're going to thailand, can't wait to see pics!

    danielle | avec danielle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very excited to share them :)

      Delete
  14. I'm such a huge fan of the NYX concealers, the yellow one is my favourite! I wish the ABH shadows were easier to get the Uk! xx

    LPage Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I wasn't sure what shade to get at first as Sephora is only available online in NZ but so glad I picked this one x

      Delete
  15. ABH Warm Taupe looks amazing! I love ABH eyeshadows :). So exciting that you're going to Thailand! Can't wait to hear about it and see pictures!!

    xx
    Nida | Caked To The Nines

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to share them! Thanks for reading xx

      Delete
  16. I'm a really big fan of the Essence polishes. They're so affordable but so good xx

    Gemma ♥ | Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've definitely become my new faves :)

      Delete
  17. Great post! Love the Essence gel nailpolish, it's my favorite make-up brand at the moment for nailpolish. :)
    www.isabellaschoice.com x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely mine too, I just can't get over the amazing quality

      Delete
  18. I think my favourite would be definitely a pen I found in one of my boxes. It's perfect! Such a simple thing and so much happiness hahaha! Love, Iga x

    www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Look at that pan! I want to try the ABH single shadows so much!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's so bad, definitely need to repurchase hahah

      Delete
  20. Your trip sounds really exciting, can't wait to hear more about it! Also love the colour of that polish, beautiful.

    The Makeup Directory

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I can't wait to share photos and all that good stuff on here!

      Delete
  21. Looks like a selection of really lovely products! Really interested in trying out that warm taupe shade from Anastasia Beverly Hills!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing, and as you can tell I well and truly loved it

      Delete
  22. Great post, I love NYX products!
    Beth x
    www.ohsoaugust.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of my favourite drugstore brands, which they were easier to get in NZ though!

      Delete
  23. That end of the year trip is going to be amazing, I've never been to Thailand and would love to go if I get a chance! Love that pretty pink polish shade, I was just trying on something like that from Ciate at Sephora the other day!

    xo, alice / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel like this colour is definitely a trend!!

      Delete
  24. OMG for a trip to Thailand! I'm sure these next few months leading up will fly by too :) Great post Kathy xx

    Mae ♥

    sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I'm also very excited for these months to go by!

      Delete
  25. I love the NYX Concealer! I use the peach one for my dark circles and it is a dream! Lovely post pretty!

    https://lavendernhoney.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haven't tried this yet, definitely want to try some other colour correctors :)

      Delete
  26. That NYX concealer sounds very interesting, I definitely need to try it out.

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nice considering the price you pay, you also get heaps of product!!

      Delete
  27. That navy puffer vest looks perfect for winter, I'm currently freezing cold as I type this so seeing the nice warm fleece on the inside of that jacket is making me really jealous!

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's extremely cold in NZ right now so that definitely keeps me very warm :)

      Delete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.