Epiology Spot Gel Extra Strength Review

by - Friday, July 08, 2016

I mentioned this product in my Skincare Purchases a few weeks ago and thought I would do a follow up on how I found this product. 


Epiology was a brand I had never heard of before but I looked more into it prior to purchasing it from the Beauty Vault from Beauty Review. It is a NZ brand which uses 100% natural NZ IDP's (Immune Defense Proteins) which is basically a new approach to preventing acne. After reading more about this product and their brand as a whole I was extremely keen to see how well this would actually work. You can read more on their website if you are interested.


 

First off the packaging is very simple and sanitary. It comes with 10g of product for $26.95 NZD on their website but you can get it cheaper for $18.50 NZD at pharmacy direct online. It's a bit up there in price if you compare to a drugstore brand like the Clean & Clear spot gel which is $10.99 NZD. 

It states that there is IDP 3% which I mentioned before is their new approach to getting rid of acne.
They have many claims including deep penetrating action, friendly for all skin types and non irritating as well as Dermatologist recommended. The 'Extra Strength' caught my attention as regular spot treatments from the drugstore don't really work for my skin so I really did want this to work out for me

Getting onto the product...
It is a yellowish - beige colour but dries completely clear so you don't have to worry about putting this on and not putting anything on top of it. It also has a slight scent to it which doesn't bother me but I can imagine it not being very pleasant for some people. It's sort of a organic/natural scent which I can't really pin point. 
You don't really need much of this for each spot as I find that product actually goes a long way and the gel slowly sinks into the skin. It feels a little bit tacky at first and somewhat sticky but dries down to feel like nothing almost right away.  


So after using this...
I wouldn't say that it's life changing or anything like that as my spots haven't disappeared over night after using this. I do notice a difference in my skin as it dries out the spots and slightly diminishes them as you use this product. However with that being said it hasn't really been amazing. Applying this before going to bed on a huge spot won't make it disappear which I was kinda hoping for as I wanted this to be somewhat of a miracle worker because of all the claims I read on their website. It also doesn't really diminish redness as I expected similar to how witch hazel does. I will continue to use this but it is very unlikely that I would repurchase this as I would rather test and try other acne skincare products.

I hope you enjoyed reading this review. All opinions are my own and this product was not sent to me and this review is not sponsored.



You May Also Like

8 comments

  1. I haven't heard of this brand either. Too bad this isn't working for you.

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of this brand either. Too bad this isn't working for you.

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've found over the years that spot treatments don't work quickly, you have to use them for a few months to really see any results - which is sooooo annoying! That being said, I haven't found one from the drugstore that has helped at all really, no matter how persistent I am with using them!!! Hopefully you will notice a bit of improvement if you carry on using this for a bit longer!

    The Velvet Black | UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mario Badecu drying lotion. You definitely do see results.

      www.themakeupaficionado.com

      Delete
  4. The only spot treatment for me that I actually swear by is mario badescu!

    www.themakeupaficionado.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The IDPs are interesting. I usually just go for products with salicylic acid when it comes to pimples. For big ones, I usually just let them dry up on their own. Although I have tried a mask that worked really well for me.

    Jorj | Mad Cherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Salicylic acid doesn't always work for me so I decided to try something different out, maybe I should just stick to the normal haha!

      Delete
  6. Never heard of this but I'd like to try :)

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.