$1 iHerb Brush Review

by - Friday, July 22, 2016

I decided to make a purchase on iHerb a few weeks ago and was just browsing their Trial Pricing, which if you didn't know is a little 'hidden' gem on their website where you can try sample products for really cheap prices. Most of these products go out of stock quite quickly so you gotta be in quick. Anyways, I found this travel size brush set by the brand Madre Labs and decided to add them to my cart as they were only NZD $1.39!






So with this set you get 4 brushes and a little travel pouch which I think is really nice as your brushes won't get dirty this way. My first impression of this was that it was just a regular brush set, nothing special. The brushes are really soft but everything else was pretty ordinary and nothing jumped out at me.

Kabuki Brush 
So the Kabuki brush is really fluffy but also really really small and I did expect it to be a bit bigger so that it could cover a wider area on my face. I didn't notice much difference between this and the Powder Brush and they both do the same job. 



Powder Brush
The handle on these travel sized brushes are a little too short in my opinion and an extra cm would be nice. I'm someone who prefers a more subtle contour, bronzing, and blusher so a brush like this, which isn't as dense is nice. This may be the exact opposite for some people and I would definitely not recommend if you prefer that.

Eyeshadow and Concealer Brush
These two brushes are definitely some I am more likely to use. The concealer brush is alright, I don't normally apply my concealer with a brush so I prefer to use this to put eyeshadow on my lids which works fine. The eyeshadow brush however is quite nice as it's so fluffy and gentle on my eyes and blends out any harsh lines on the crease like a dream. For the price of $1.39 I would purchase this just for the eyeshadow brush. The only minor thing I would change is the density as the bristles just seem a bit flimsy but then again some people may prefer a flexible brush to blend.


Overall they are an alright travel brush set and I'd keep them in my makeup bag for when I travel or even just to put in your handbag for everyday touchups. Also, I cleaned them before using them and noticed a bit of shedding on the Kabuki brush which wasn't too bad so for the price of $1.39 I really can't complain. 

Also side note, I made an instagram which I will definitely be posting on a lot more often as I never really did on my personal. Please follow me at @alongcamekathy_ if you fancy getting updates and also leave your instagrams down below so that I can follow you!!



You May Also Like

32 comments

  1. These brushes are so cute, what a bargain! :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I was definitely surprised when I saw these for the price :)

      Delete
  2. You got such a great deal on the set! I also made a blogger Instagram for myself, so I'll add you! It's @thewanderingkitsune.

    www.thewanderingkitsune.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely a very happy gal haha!

      Delete
  3. I was browsing in iherb yesterday and fortunately, I didn't proceed with my order and I will definitely add these brushes today haha! They are so affordable and I love how travel friendly they are :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely! I mean you're not really losing much if you don't like them :)

      Delete
  4. These are super cheap! They are really cute too! xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! Amazing for the price :)

      Delete
  5. these brushes are co cute, especially for the price!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing what you can find without really looking :)

      Delete
  6. the brushes look great, and they seem quite decent for the price. i'm @lifeasaditi on instagram if you fancy taking a look x

    Life as Aditi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely not the disappointed compared to some other purchases I have made!

      Delete
  7. This is super cute and handy for travelling! And the price is bomb!

    MY LATEST POST
    bloglovin
    Instagram

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely take this travelling, so much easier than taking a whole bunch of brushes!

      Delete
  8. How on earth are these a dollar?! What good value. I think your photos are helping them to look nicer though!

    www.Barely There Beauty.com | British Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The photos definitely make them look nice haha! But nonetheless, the brushes are really soft :)

      Delete
  9. Oh my gosh I have no idea how they can make brushes this affordable?! I love their bamboo handles xx

    Gemma ♡ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I was stoked when I saw these :)

      Delete
  10. I thought I would come over and leave you a comment, seeing as you always seem to leave lovely comments on my little blog :)
    Your blog is so chic and pretty and I love that you were honest in this review about the brushes.
    I've followed you now :) ♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love your blog so it's absolutely no problem :)

      Delete
  11. Oh wow, these brushes are bargain! After paying that little, I wouldn't mind it shedding!

    Ela BellaWorld

    ReplyDelete
  12. Travel sets like this are so handy and you can't beat the price really!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was sorta the main reason why I bought it other than the incredible price, travelling with this would take no room at all :)

      Delete
  13. This set looks so handy. Even with a little shedding, that's not too bad for the price!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree, not too fussed about that!!

      Delete
  14. super smart! Great review :D
    Xx

    http://themidnightblonde.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those look so soft and luxurious - can't believe the low price either! thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  16. They could be a bit bigger but they are perfect for traveling. I'd definitely like to try some of these brushes.

    www.beautiliciousd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. They look so cute, such a great price too!

    Anika | anikamay.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. I was always wondering if it's worth it to buy them or spend more and get the one from Mac or elsewhere. I am not sure I am ready yet to spend however much for brushes so I might try the suggested one. Best wishes,
    Iga

    http://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look lovely, I like yourself am always on the lookout for little hidden gems on websites for dirt cheap prices! Even if you don't end up using these every day, at least you didn't break the bank :)
    Lauren X
    thelaurenashleymcgheeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    Also you can find me on Insta @laurenashleymcghee :) following you now! X

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.