Skincare Purchases

by - Wednesday, June 08, 2016

There's this site called Beauty Review which is based in NZ and is a review site for all things beauty related where people can post reviews and chat about anything and everything about beauty.
As you use and become a regular user on the site by posting reviews and chatting on forums, you collect points which in turn you can actually use to purchase products in the Beauty Vault. The best thing is that it is all free and all you do is pay for shipping!

So in the recent Beauty Vault I saw a few things I was interested in and decided to purchase 3 of them. I was a bit late so some of the things I wanted were all sold out!



First thing I saw was the Dermalogica clear start 1.2.3 starter kit. 
I had never tried anything from Dermalogica before so I thought this would be perfect as I have been struggling with acne for a while now. The price for this is $20 so it was 200 points and you get a 30ml face wash, 30ml face toner and a 10ml moisturiser. This kit is definitely targeted towards teens and is great if you just want to try out the brand. The main thing I was looking forward to was the matte moisturiser and I am keen to see if this actually helps keep my face matte throughout the day. 


The idea is to use all three products together and as a routine and you should see improvement in your skin. I will definitely start this soon and will get back to you with how it goes!


Next product is the Tea Tree Oil. 
I am currently using The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil but that isn't 100% tea tree oil as far as I am aware so I decided to pick out the Thursday Plantation one. This is 100% tea tree oil and you can definitely tell that it is as there is much of a stronger scent to it. This product is $15 so it cost 150 points and you get quite a bit of product, 25ml, and comparing it to the Body shop one which is $15 for 10ml I would definitely say this is a lot better seeing as you get more for what you pay + you get more of the actual tea tree oil. 




Epiology is a brand I had never heard of before and there weren't any reviews on the site either so I was really excited to try this out. As I mentioned before I have been dealing with acne quite a lot and I hope this is the product that solves all my problems. You get 10ml of products which costs 26.95 which is 270 points. I am not sure how long this will last as I don't really know how much I should be using, I will get back to you with that though and see how well it helps out my skin.



So that is it for my skincare purchases! Beauty Vault is only available in NZ but you can still join in on the reviews and chats. I am pretty happy with what I got considering I only paid $11.50 for the shipping and I got products worth over $60.
I hope you guys enjoyed this post and I will be sure to get back to you with any further updates on these products, also let me know if you have used any of these and how you liked/hated them!

You May Also Like

24 comments

  1. That site sounds amazing! I'll definitely check it out :) amazing post Kathy xxx

    Mae ♥

    https://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, nice products as well, I love this blog, thank you for sharing, cannot wait for the next post!!!

    xxx

    www.noragouma.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading, glad you enjoyed :)

      Delete
  3. This looks really good for your skin!
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved them all so far :)

      Delete
  4. What a fun idea! I've never heard of this site and it's a great deal to collect points and purchase products! :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing that they do this, great way to encourage people to write reviews on products they use :)

      Delete
  5. Wow I am definitely trying this site! Also let me know how these products work for you. I would love to try

    https://lavendernhoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have all been great so far! My favourite is definitely the tea tree oil as I use it everyday and it definitely helps with blemishes :)

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a really cool way to try some new products without having to break the bank. I'm actually really curious how actual tree tea will work in comparison to the Body Shop one! Let me know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tea tree oil is great! Definitely has a stronger scent but they both do the same job :)

      Delete
  7. Tell us how the spot gel works!! Would love to hear a review!! lovely post

    Amelia | http://amelia-g.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will definitely do one soon! I have been using it for a wee while now :)

      Delete
  8. These products sound lovely, definitely need to look into them.

    Olivia // BLONDE LA MODE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're all great for blemish prone skin :)

      Delete
  9. These products sound great! I always like to have some tea tree oil in the house!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100% agree! They just calm the redness down so much!

      Delete
  10. Thats a new concept! I prefer it over something like a beauty box since you can choose what you want. I use the TBS tea tree oil sometimes, it helps with the inflammation for sure.

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah definitely! also really great place to fine reviews :)

      Delete
  11. great products! it is very important to clean and moisturize your skin!! (and i only learned it this year!)

    xx from Brighton
    Cate ღ kate/idoscope | youtube | Enter my Charlotte Tilbury GIVEAWAY here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to never moisturise my skin as I thought it would just add oiliness - the matte moisturiser by Dermalogica is great though!

      Delete
  12. great haul, I've never tried anything from epiology!

    http://claresloves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been using it on and off so once I really use it consecutively I will definitely post a review!

      Delete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.