Top Three Lip Balms

by - Friday, April 22, 2016

One of the things I continuously buy and continuously loose is lip balms
Today's post will be my top three lip balm brands that I have repurchased over and over again.



The three I have chosen are probably the least inexpensive lip balms I have seen and they heal chapped lips wonderfully! They aren't anything fancy but do get the job done.


Blistex
This lip balm goes into all my purses and bags whenever I go anywhere because of it's easy application. I just prefer to use lip balms in sticks when going out + it has SPF 15 which is always good as the sun in New Zealand is really strong.
So the one thing that stands out is that it is a 'medicated lip balm' which I'm not sure what that means but I know it does have a bit of a medicated smell. I don't actually mind the scent but it will definitely put some people off. It also leaves a bit tingly feeling on the lips.
You can get this on iHerb if you can't find this in store and I definitely recommend buying the three pack as it works out cheaper


Eucerin Aquaphor
Another goody that works wonders. This comes in both the tube and tub so I usually leave the tub at home.


This product is a little bit thicker than the usual lip care product which I guess is why it's so good. I like to apply this before I go to bed as it says 'Immediate Relief'. After a couple of hours of putting this on and just letting it sit on my lips and sink in, I can feel my lips smoothing out already.
I get mine at the pharmacy as I haven't actually seen it at any supermarket here in New Zealand but still quite inexpensive although more than the Blistex. 




The tub version of this is the one I use at home mostly just because I don't always have clean hands when I'm out and about. I also don't only use this for my lips but for my hands as well and it works great on both. Such a versatile product that also lasts really long and is really inexpensive. 
I would also recommend to try this brand if you haven't already because I know they also have other products other than lip care


Vaseline
Definitely a well and truly loved brand by everyone (at least what I know). Vaseline is a product that has been around for a while now and I still go back to it time and time again. 



So this product is less thick in consistency than the Eucerin so I find that I have to apply more regularly. I mean theres really not much to say about it, it's a great brand.
Side note, this is very similar to the big tub of vaseline you can get.
Whilst I was in the states these were actually 80c which shocked me because you definitely can't get those prices in New Zealand. So I actually stocked a whole lot (like more than 5) and I am dreading the day when I run out


The tub version is a little bit more thick in consistency. It's a little sticky as well which I don't mind but once again some people hate that. I really like this because it smells of creme brulee as it's just really pleasant. It's also really cute and is teeny tiny which I like to just put on my dresser.


So there are my top three lip balms that I use on a regular basis. I definitely recommend you try all three out if you haven't already especially because of their price!




I hope you guys enjoyed this post! 


You May Also Like

19 comments

  1. You just can't go wrong with Vaselline!
    Out of topic but I wen 'whoaaa' when I saw the tube stand, I can never get that right lol

    Selene Addicted

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glue tac always works well! haha :)

      Delete
  2. I have used Vaseline since I was a child! It works great! And the little tub of it is adorable! I have also used Eucerin Aquaphor...it also works great! I usually apply it at bedtime not only on my lips, but also on the dry patches on my face I sometimes have during the winter. You chose a great selection!

    girl C
    https://fromgirlc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and glad that you also love these products :) x

      Delete
  3. I've been using Blistex for so many years that I barely register the medicated scent! I also love the berry and the mint flavors. I'll have to try the Aquaphor one, I don't remember seeing it here in America though x

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really like the mint one :) x

      Delete
  4. I love Vaseline lip balms! Not only can they be used to moisturize the lips, but they also for dry skin, etc. The cherry flavored one is great too!

    Elle // laorcabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason cherry flavoured products just don't sit well with me haha! Thanks for reading :)x

      Delete
  5. Vaseline and Nivea Lip Balms have to be hands down the most effective ones for me. I've heard so much about Aquaphor that I need to try it out now x

    www.wildfirecharm.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't really tried many nivea ones out so I will be looking into them a bit more :)

      Delete
  6. This is such a great post! Having a good lip balm is really important, I think, and I love the Vaseline ones ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a lip balm addict so I love finding out about new balms and lip treatments! My lips get super chapped so lip balm is a must for me.

    Mae ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My lips are the worst in winter!!

      Delete
  8. These sound great! I have a Eucerin body cream I swear by if my skin is ever dry or itchy so can imagine the lip care would be lovely too!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Eucerin is such a great brand I reckon - and it's not known enough!

      Delete
  9. I had no idea that Vaseline did a crème brûlée scent, that sounds absolutely amazing! I'll definitely be having a look at some of these!

    Troves and Roses

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.