Mellow Cosmetics - Guilt Free

by - Monday, April 18, 2016

Recently I have been trying to change my lifestyle up a bit. One of the main things I have been doing is buying vegan and cruelty free makeup to try out. I decided to reach out to a couple of brands and test out some of their products so that I could share them on my blog. 
One brand I discovered is Mellow, which is a New Zealand cosmetics brand that is completely guilt free! From what I have read from their website is that their products are designed and tested in NZ and made under License and FDA regulations in China. Their products are not only Cruelty free but Vegan and Paraben free

When I received the products I was not surprised at all, they were just as good as I expected. 


What they sent me:
Five of their Matte Liquid Lip Paint which are $14 USD/$20.41 NZD
Four of their Creamy Matte Lipsticks which are $13 USD/$18.93 NZD



So starting off with their Matte Liquid Lip Paints (which are some of my favourite liquid lipsticks I have tried). I find that the application is so easy as they glide on really nicely because the consistency of the product isn't too thick - in fact it is quite light. Now that doesn't mean the pigmentation isn't there because it definitely is. I would recommend to use a lip pencil as the creamy consistency can mean that you don't get a perfect outline of the lips. The finish is really matte but still really creamy on the lips so they don't dry out your lips at all! I find that this is so hard to find in matte products and it's not often you can find a liquid lipstick that is creamy and matte at the same time. The colour itself once dried is the same as it is in the tube and super pigmented. However I find that these products didn't dry completely so if you were to touch it, it would definitely transfer. It's also not that patchy as I kinda expected because with previous experience with other brands, some of the lighter shades with liquid lipsticks can come off patchy. As I don't have all the shades I can't say that all of them aren't patchy but these 5 definitely aren't. 


You can see below that with one coat you already get a great pigmentation. I took these photos when I first applied them so they do get a bit more matte than what is show here. My favourite has definitely gotta be London as I love the dark (mauve-ish) pink/plum colour - although Budapest is a really nice purple grey colour too.

Left to right: Paris, Budapest, Rome, Shanghai, London


Next up is the Creamy Matte Lipsticks which are also some really nice lipsticks. One thing I'd like to mention real quick is the packaging of these! The matte beige finish is so pretty and classic and the gold detail makes it look that much nicer. Both the liquid lipsticks and creamy matte lipsticks definitely do not feel cheap at all. 
So these lipsticks are really creamy (hence the name) and not drying at all. That is one thing I really appreciate about Mellow Cosmetics so far, their mattes aren't drying to your lips. The application of these are great and like the liquid lipsticks, they just glide on without tugging at your lips. The lipstick itself does have a scent, sort of sweet, but nothing unbearable or anything that you can taste. The colour is just as pigmented as what you see and they don't settle into fine lines. I don't usually have a problem, but when using matte lipsticks that are really dry, it will just accentuate the lines. The end results of these were great, they dried pretty quickly and stayed really matte. The one thing is that they don't exactly dry completely so same with the liquid lipsticks, they will some what transfer if you eat because of the creamy consistency. 



My favourite out of the four has gotta be Posh as it's a light nude colour and I have actually been wearing it almost everyday.

Left to right: Chocolate, New York, Nude, Posh
I hope you guys enjoyed this review of the lipsticks and lip paints I was given. Matte finishes have definitely been a thing in the beauty community and I would really recommend you give these a go. I have been seeing more and more brands that are cruelty free release such wonderful products and it's great to know that the products you are using aren't harming any other animals.

I honestly wouldn't be posting this if I didn't feel so strongly about animal cruelty so here's a website http://www.safe.org.nz/safeshopper-cruelty-free-nz where you can go on to and check if the brands you use are cruelty free!

*I did not get paid to review these products, they were just kind enough to send them for me to try* :)


You May Also Like

38 comments

  1. The packaging of the liquid lipsticks is so sleek! I love the colors Posh and London :) Thanks for the review! The pigmentation of the Matte Liquid Lip Paints are amazing. Xx

    Elle // laorcabella.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Posh is also a fav - a lot more nude than 'nude' itself haha :)

      Delete
  2. Mellow is so nice to send you the lip products...I'm also on the hunt for cruelty free, drugstore makeup on the US.
    girl C
    https://fromgirlc.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do free shipping over $40 to the US :)

      Delete
  3. Oh my the liquid lipsticks look so good! I am trying to find healthier, safer, and honest brands, thank you for sharing!
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think they do free shipping to certain places over $40 so you should definitely check them out :)

      Delete
  4. The colours look so nice! I want Nude and Posh - they look amazing! x

    TOUCHOFGUCCI // BLOGLOVIN

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such wearable colours as well, Posh is so nice for everyday and so is Nude :)

      Delete
  5. Love the look of these products! The colours are absolutely stunning - gorgeous shades!!! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I love the colours given to me :)

      Delete
  6. They look absolutely beautiful! And nice pictures Kathy!

    Marlinde xx
    www.marlinde.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. That packaging is gorgeous and those shades are so beautiful!

    Christine xx
    beautyinyoureyes.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their packaging, they look so nice :)

      Delete
  8. That packaging is gorgeous and those shades are so beautiful!

    Christine xx
    beautyinyoureyes.weebly.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the look of the liquid lipsticks, especially Rome! xx
    http://aslenderself.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a pretty baby pink, super girly :)

      Delete
  10. These look gorgeous! I love the shade range and the fact they are cruelty free!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great to know that the products you use aren't harming anything else :)

      Delete
  11. These look really nice! I love all of the different shades, it looks like there's a lot of choice ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a nice variety of shades I find, one to suit every person :)

      Delete
  12. I love the look of these, I've never heard of this brand before but I really want to try it now! x

    http://emmaboughtwhat.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're such an amazing brand! They do international shipping as well so be sure to check it out :) x

      Delete
  13. I've been following Mellow cosmetics on Instgram for a little while now and I love the look of their brand, especially the lipsticks! Posh is gorgeous.

    www.beautyfromkatie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love their brand so much and I have just made a purchase on some other colours :)

      Delete
  14. Thank you so much for sharing Kathy!! I recently watched the movie Forks over Knives, and now I feel so careful about what I put in and on my body lately. Mellow cosmetics look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have definitely been more aware of what I use as well. Haven't watched that movie yet so will have to soon :)

      Delete
  15. I have wanted to make an order from Mellow cosmetics for ages, so this post was so helpful Kathy! I love repping these NZ beauty brands, plus it's cruelty free which is great ♥

    Mae ♥

    sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also just made a purchase as I loved the ones they sent me so much!

      Delete
  16. I like that shade London, so pretty!

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's quite bright but still wearable! :)

      Delete
  17. Hi Kathy! Just wanted to thank you for this post as I've been looking for some good cruelty-free makeup brands. It's hard to find ones that don't compromise the quality of the product but these seem to do a great job of keeping the quality all while being cruelty free! Wonderful post!

    Jessiré

    http://jessirebeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thank you so much for reading and I'm glad you liked this review - I definitely recommend Mellow Cosmetics :)

      Delete
  18. I've never heard of this brand before, but you've definitely made me want to try their lip products! All these shades look gorgeous too! I've been trying to buy more cruelty-free makeup too, so it's always good to find out about new brands. Lovely post!

    Troves and Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - Mellow Cosmetics is a great brand to try out as their products are at such a fair price :)

      Delete
  19. I love the colours of these!!

    Georgia Rose X

    www.justgeorgiarose.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've just made a purchase on a few of their other colours as well - so nice right ?! :)

      Delete
  20. Very pretty colours, the swatches are really beautiful! :)

    Yiota
    PinkDaisyLoves

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.