Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water

by - Friday, April 08, 2016


So micellar water is quite a big thing at the moment and all the different brands are releasing their own version of the micellar water. The first micellar water that I had heard of was the Bioderma and although I have never tried it many people have talked about how great of a product it is.



One of the more familiar micellar waters I have used are the ones by Garnier. I bought both of these for $14 NZD at a supermarket, the pink one has been around for a while now and this is actually my second bottle. I had bought the first bottle as soon as it hit the shelves and I have been using it since. The blue bottle only came out recently and as soon as I found it I decided to pick it up.



One of the reasons why I love the original of this product so much and just micellar waters in general is because of the simplicity it adds to my daily routine. At the end of a long day all I need to so is just soak a cotton pad with some of the product and just wipe it all over my face. I find that this is great for me because I don't wear a lot of makeup for non waterproof mascara it works like a charm - however for water proof mascara you have to rub and rub at your eye and even then it doesn't remove it all completely. There is no scent to it at all which makes it feel natural and fresh. I also love that it has no oily residue like some of the previous Garnier cleansers/makeup removers I have tried - this means I can just let the product soak in if I can't be bothered to wash my face and there won't be a oily film left on my face.


So the Pure Active micellar cleanser is a newer product (as far as I know) and although I haven't been using it for very long, I can already tell you that I love it just as much as the original. To be honest I don't notice a huge difference. The scent is a little different because it has the same scent similar to the rest of the Pure Active line which I actually prefer.


As you can see the description of the products are also very similar to each other and so they're pretty much the same and do the same thing. I honestly couldn't tell you which to pick because I find both to be great products that remove your makeup off without any extra steps or hassle

So right now in NZ these two are the only micellar waters Garnier has released, however I have seen some other packaging and designs that I believe are different versions of the micellar water.


The green bottle I had found on super drug which I believe is in the UK so I assume you can get this in store as well. This is for combo and sensitive skin whereas the pink is for all skin types and the Pure Active is for oily to combo skin.

This orange packaging I also found on boots UK and I actually haven't seen many reviews so it must be pretty new. This one is for dry and sensitive skin so probably wouldn't be great for me.



This blue bottle with a clear body seems to be part of the Skin Active range which I found on GarnierUSA. I am pretty sure this is a different product to the Pure Active micellar water - based on the fact that it says it removes even waterproof mascara. Out of all of the micellar waters by Garnier I think this is the one I would like to try and test out based on the fact that I wear waterproof mascara most days. As mentioned previously the two micellar waters I have tried remove my makeup so well but when it comes to waterproof mascara it just isn't worth it. 

So Garnier is just releasing there micellar waters like crazy and I almost can't keep up! Which one would you want to try the most? And also let me know if there are some other ones I have missed out 

You May Also Like

47 comments

  1. I've heard so many great things about this product and I really want to get my hands on it! It looks amazing
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's such a simple product that does a great job at removing makeup in one step :)

      Delete
  2. Lovely post. I feel like I have see this everywhere! I’ll be sure to try it out for myself.

    Hannah xx
    lifeissweet.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend this because it removes makeup really well :)

      Delete
  3. I might buy this sometime soon. I read really good reviews on this from other bloggers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lot's of people really like this product and I think it's mainly down to the inexpensive price :)

      Delete
  4. I really want to try the one with oil in it as I love using cleansing oils and facial oils. I still haven't found it yet :(

    Nereyda│ This Girl Is Obsessed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, quite interesting as it should be just a cleanser water but I am intrigued nontheless :)

      Delete
  5. I used to have this miceller water (pink one) and I started off loving it, then got bored of it and I don't even know why and then used the rest up as a quick brush cleanser. Now that I've read this I feel like I need another bottle of this in my life :) xxx

    Sal UmmBaby Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use this as a brush cleanser sometimes as it's really gentle! But yeah, the main use is for removing my makeup and I find it does a really good job :)

      Delete
  6. I've heard so much about this product, and I really do want something to cleanse my skin and make me feel fresh. I would definitely give this a try, plus the price is so reasonable!

    My Lovelier Days

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is great! I think thats why quite a lot of people like it :)

      Delete
  7. I have the pink one and I love it as much as my Bioderma. It works as good as Bioderma but for a small fraction of the price. Yes, the gold label is new, I'm not sure what's the differences but with the word oil on the label, I wonder if it'll leave an oily residue on the skin.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My exact thoughts! I don't think they sell it here in NZ though :(

      Delete
  8. I personally don't like Garnier and most micellar waters to be honest, just wrote about it on my blog too! I guess it's because I get breakouts way too easily, so I can't use products with hexylene glycol. :/

    yukitty.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I read your blog post and I was quite surprised! It sucks that it doesn't work for you because it's such a inexpensive product

      Delete
  9. I have this in my collection but still have yet to use it, I'm just too used to my current cleanser! x
    britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's so great and I use it everyday even when I don't wear makeup as it works as a one step cleanser without water!

      Delete
  10. the micellar cleansing waters from garnier are my favorites. they work so well for me.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also find that they're the best compared to simple or the nivea ones :)

      Delete
  11. I've heard a lot of good things about these! I might try them :) xx

    ♡ itsjessiejane ♡

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, they really are great also really inexpensive :)

      Delete
  12. The new oil one is incredible, it's amazing at removing makeup - even better than the original pink version xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I could find it here in NZ - although I have pretty oily skin I would still like to test it out!

      Delete
  13. Micellar water is something I reach for every day, specifically the garnier one too, like you say - it's such an easy, useful product!

    Musings & More

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly think it has changed my routine and made it much more easier!

      Delete
  14. I love using micellar water to remove my makeup!

    Definitely need to test out the oil version next

    DippyWrites

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems quite interesting right? I have heard a few people so far say it's even better :)

      Delete
  15. I have tried two of the Garnier micellar waters and I LOVE them!

    Emily xo
    www.emilynewstead.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I use the blue one and I love it! Can't wait to find the one for dry skin!

    Paula
    Thirteen Thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  17. ive been wanting to try this for ages! didnt know if it was worth it though, think i might have to buy some! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely is worth it! You get so much product and it lasts so long :)

      Delete
  18. I have been wanting to purchase this micellar water for ages so I found this review super helpful! Beautiful blog by the way x

    Mae ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love to use micellar cleansing water, best to take off my make up!

    xoxo, Colli
    tobeyoutiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! So simple and it's sort of a one step routine for lazy days haha :)

      Delete
  20. I love the Garnier ones! I'm from the UK and can indeed confirm that both the green and orange ones are available here! The orange one is also brand new like you said, maybe only a couple of weeks - a month old? The one thing that surprised me here is the price! I'm not sure about the exchange rate but these are like £3 in the UK! Love, love, love this product and your review was super helpful! xxx

    http://lifeaccordingtolili.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked the conversion and it's around $6 but living in NZ has always been like that. The prices are quite high as we don't have the same market or demand in products as you do because it is only a teeny tiny country haha :)

      Delete
  21. I love these cleansing waters as they work so quickly and easily I can't imagine being without it now I've had it for so long. I've only used the pink one so I might have to branch out and try some of the others after reading this, so thank you!

    Elisha
    x
    elisharoserowley.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same exact thing, I feel like I can't live without it! It just makes my routine so much quicker :)

      Delete
  22. I just purchased this one and I cannot wait to use it. Micellar waters make our lives easier :)

    Yiota
    Pinkdaisyloves.blogspot.com.cy

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love Garnier Micellar water, I've only ever tried one but I'm defiantly going to pick more ! Love your blog x

    Sinead | Subject Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love the Garnier micellar waters. I use the pink and green ones depending on what's on offer but I'll never be without it. I've tried a few now and always go back to Garnier xx

    Alice Anne // Annie Writes Beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have yet to try any other micellar waters just because these do such a great job - I might brand out and try some and maybe I'll find better :)

      Delete
  25. I definitely could not live without Garnier Micellar Waters. I have bought so many bottles out of fear they will get discontinued! x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.