April Favourites

by - Friday, April 29, 2016

It's near the end of April and it is getting colder and colder as the months go buy in New Zealand. Which ultimately means I am sick pretty much every day, and getting out of bed is a struggle in the morning. I also got a new part time job which has been exciting but very tiring so my days off uni are shorter and that means less time for blogging - but i'll manage!

Beauty & Skincare



Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Body Cream - I have been waiting to use this since last winter as I think it's the perfect scent for the cold Winter seasons. I have been so tempted and am really glad I can use it pretty much everyday now even though it's only Autumn.

Sally Hansen Airbrush Legs - This is a tanning makeup I guess so it does wash off when you get in the shower. I don't use this everyday but only when I feel like I want to or if there is a special occasion. It's also perfect because the sun has barely been out for the past few week. 


I like to mix the body cream and leg makeup together to create different shades. The first swatch is a very subtle tan where I mixed the cream in and blended. The second swatch is just straight from the tube and not blended. The third is straight from the tube without any body cream and blended in. 


Palmer's Skin Therapy Oil - This is great at the moment as the change in season has caused my skin to dry up so adding this to my moisturiser or primer really helps. I've nearly finished this so will definitely be picking up another bottle 



W7 Perfection - I had bought this online and it turned out to be the wrong shade for all over the face, however I love this for bronzing and a little bit of contouring. As I mentioned before, the sun is barely out anymore so I use this to just to add some colour to my face.


Eucerin Aquaphor Lip repair - This has helped immensely with my dry cracked lips! I did a blog post on my top three lip balms/care and this made it so i really recommend it

Burt's Bee's Cuticle Balm - I haven't really been wearing a nail polish lately as this skin around my nails is not doing too well - once again because of the season change and the cold I have. I feel like all the moisture has just been suck out of my body. So I just like to use this before bed to help heal them cuticles


Entertainment

Shows
So my previous favourite shows I have loved are Survivor, Amazing Race, The 100, Blacklist - all which I am still LOVING. 

 Quantico
This is a new show I have started watching and I am up to date now which is great but sad at the same time because then I have to wait.
I love the plot of this tv show and to be honest there are times where the main character (Alex) has annoyed me but then when she does something great, I love her all over again. 


The Catch
I really didn't think I would like this show that much as I figured it'd be one of those frustratingly annoying shows where the lead characters are blind to everything around them. However from what I've seen so far, I actually love it and it's one of those shows that don't drag on the episode with unnecessary plot.


Music

Lukas Graham 
One of the songs I have been obsessed with is '7 years'. I also love 'Mama Said' and 'What Happened to Perfect' - I really recommend having a listen if you haven't already!



Hope you enjoyed reading about my monthly favourites! 




You May Also Like

24 comments

  1. What lovely favourites! I've been using that cuticle balm lately as well, and I think that it works really nicely ♥
    Amy xx

    Little Moon Dragon

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! QUANTICO! I HAVE FOUND A FELLOW QUANTICO LOVER! YESSSS! That show has me hooked and I'm always screaming during it. Hahah!

    S .x http://ramblingsofayoungprgirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how it swaps between time frames :) Makes it much more interesting!

      Delete
  3. Great faves! The scent of that body cream sounds gorgeous xx
    http://britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk/?m=1

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look like some lovely favourites - especially the body cream! :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love the Bath and Body Works Body Creams! They last so long and are super creamy, they're wonderful. x
    Louise | helloteddy.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish they had them in NZ! I had to get mine whilst on holiday in the states :)

      Delete
  6. I love the song 7 Years, so pretty!!! Warm vanilla sugar is my favorite scent :)

    Blessings,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a warm scent which is perfect for winter when you're feeling cold - I don't know what it is about it :)

      Delete
  7. OMG The Amazing race is such a throwback for me, I've been watching it my whole life ahaha! W7 Do some awesome makeup products so I'll be sure to check out this face powder too xx Great post!

    Mae ♥

    sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love a lot of W7 makeup which is why I decided to pick it up at a big bucket sale in Auckland :)

      Delete
  8. i like quantic too

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to start using fake tan! I am so fed up of being so pale! Also need to start watching Quantico, its been on my watch list for so long!

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the tanning makeup from Sally Hansen as it doesn't go too orange and you can mix it to make it lighter :)

      Delete
  10. I have heard good reviews on Quantico. I should check it out this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great show and it's only on season 1 :)

      Delete
  11. I started watching Quantico because Priyanka is bae but kinda lost interest after a couple of episodes, maybe I should get back into it!

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I must say it can get very slow in some episodes. It has picked up a bit though :)

      Delete
  12. That Palmer's Skin Therapy oil will be featured in my April favourites too! It's the one product that actually helped lightened up my scars, seriously good.

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love using them on acne scars - they actually disappear!

      Delete
  13. The body cream sounds so lovely, I wish I could try it in the UK!

    MadeFromBeauty.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.