Favourite Fonts

by - Friday, March 18, 2016

Happy Friday everyone! It's been a busy few weeks for me since starting University but I am still completely determined to stick to my update schedule and blog consistently!
If you don't already know, I am a massive typography fan. I love script, serifs, sans serifs, typewriter, calligraphy, old school, fancy and I could pretty much go on and on about the types of fonts I like to use depending on the concept.

So today I decided to share with a few of my various favourites I like to use, some are similar and some are very different. 



KG Hard Candy - I love this script font because of the variety of weight in the font. It has the thicker edge as well as the thin lines to make it soft

Pacifico - This very much reminds me of a font you would see on a holiday because it does have a bit of a relaxed vibe through the swift curves

Caviar Dreams - Here is a much more simple font. I love using rounded fonts when typing up presentation pages and I find it to be perfect in combination with a thick font as a header

DK Pastis - This is similar to KG Hard Candy except it isn't a script so if you like the look of a hand drawn, kinda sketchy font, this is great. 

Channel - I love the elegance in this font through the flicks and loops the designer has done. 

Quicksand - Once again this is another simple font and also rounded. I love how minimalistic and simple it looks which means you can use it in a paragraph or a header

Lobster - I love using this as a header or a title because it's bold but has the linking of the letters which I love

Signerica - This is the perfect font if you want to add a sign at the bottom of your blog pages. I noticed quite a few bloggers have used this but at the same time it can be easily created yourself.

Bakery - This is by far my favourite font. I did a post about hand lettering a few weeks back and since then I have become even more obsessed with this style of typography.

So there we have it! I have picked 9 fonts that are a range of different type styles. If you would like me to do another one of these posts but with my favourite script fonts like 'Bakery' then please let me know

I have also recently started an Etsy store which you can find here >> AlongCameKathy << and I have been designing a few digital prints with script hand lettering. If you would like to purchase it would be great and also if you have any custom designs you would like please feel free to contact me! 

Also I decided that I would like to do a bit more designing and playing around with hand lettering so if you want any headers done or signs done please ask because I absolutely love doing this sort of stuff!

You May Also Like

25 comments

  1. Thank you for sharing !
    http://littlefrenchblog.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post came at the perfect time for me, I wanted to use the 'bakery' font for an up-coming post. Thanks Kathy xx

    www.heygeorgiegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading! I take a lot of inspiration from Bakery for my own hand lettering and it's such a nice script font :)

      Delete
  3. Bakery and Signerica are two of my favourites as well! I also love Cocomat, it's slick but simple! x

    Ariadna || RAWR BOWS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cocomat is very simple but still quite unique right?! Thank you for reading :) x

      Delete
  4. These fonts are great, love your picks! Caviar Dreams is one of my personal favorites too!

    xo, alice / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! Caviar Dreams is really simple and quite easily paired with other fonts! x

      Delete
  5. Possibly, you also like spending time on Dafont or googlefonts like me! ;)
    Lobster is almost a classic now but currently I really like Playfair.

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, DaFont is probably the best font site I have ever come across! Such a variety of different styles and designers on there :)

      Delete
  6. Such a fun post Kathy!
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the CHANEL font! Classy, simple, elegant! :)

    Connect with me:
    BLOGLOVIN: https://www.bloglovin.com/blog...
    INSTA: https://www.instagram.com/igab...
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/igaberry1
    WEBSITE: https://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's such a great font for headers and titles :)

      Delete
  8. great post sweety.

    kisses from Italy.
    My new post: http://www.honeyandcotton.org/women-in-black/?lang=en

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading :) x

      Delete
  9. I use bakery all the time! It's a great font :)

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes definitely! I use bakery a lot and I am tempted to do another post with other fonts similar to Bakery :) x

      Delete
  10. I love channel and Bakery! I really love fonts!

    www.ohsobecky.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. There was a time I was obsessed with fonts but now I stick to basic fonts on my PC. Here's a tip: less the opacity of your background to make the fonts stand out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love trying out new fonts especially at the moment because I'm doing an assignment based on typography and mood :) x

      Delete
  12. damn, I clicked here to download some fab fonts, but I am pretty sure that I have all of these haha

    Love, Violeta Lyskoit

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have linked the fonts to where I downloaded them from since they aren't my fonts haha :) The links should take you to dafont.com which is where I pretty much find all my fonts x

      Delete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.