Fall into Autumn - Nail Edit

by - Monday, March 28, 2016

The month of March is officially the start of Autumn and I am definitely looking forward to moving into the colder weather.
Along with Autumn comes dark colours, so today i decided to share with you guys one of my favourite nail combos.



Orly's Plum Noir just screams Autumn to me and I love the consistency of Orly's nail polishes. With this application I used two layers to get this opacity and it dried pretty quickly as well. The colour itself is a bit more purply with two coats but if you keep layering you will definitely get a much darker, more black colour which is all up to preference. 


One thing I love doing is pairing my polishes with a matte top coat. If you read my first nail post I talked a bit about my favourite matte top coat which is also by Orly. I definitely think Orly is an underrated brand, I myself didn't try Orly polishes until a year ago and I think I might even prefer it to China Glaze or OPI. 
I find that matte top coats add some interest to your nails rather than being pretty basic. I think it's also great if you can't do intricate nail art because the matte look gives it an effortless unique look.


I hope you guys enjoyed reading this, if you have an polishes to recommend for Autumn please let me know! 

*So if you noticed I actually skipped Friday's post due to the amount of work I have piled up and this post is a little bit shorter but I hope you guys liked reading anyways :) *

You May Also Like

23 comments

  1. I'm yet to try Orly nail polishes. I'll definitely have to keep a look out for them. Sophie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're so great and pretty affordable :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful color and with that matte coat looks even better, I haven't tried orly but I definitely will

    http://estefaniareviews.blogspot.mx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love all nail polishes with the matte top coat nowadays :)

      Delete
  3. I really love the matte effect with that colour, so pretty! x

    http://bassethoundsandbronzer.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Also not as hard to do as other nail art!

      Delete
  4. I love all things Autumn and berry however it's spring where I am so I hardly think I could wear it haha xoxo
    Ella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so weird because I see every one blogging about their pastel colours and here I am with my burgundy and dark colours haha :)

      Delete
  5. what a gorgeous colour!! so pretty :)

    http://www.carolinapinglo.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really recommend it and it suits most people :)

      Delete
  6. the color is good! x

    jess x | wellwellgirls.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this shade, I'm not someone who strictly follows seasonal colours so you'll see me wearing burgundy in spring as well! I think you'd also really like Zoya Valerie! xx

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also love this colour for summer sometimes haha! I haven't tried Zoya polishes yet so I must look into them :)

      Delete
  8. such a beautiful shade! I love it :) especially with the Matte top coat!

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Orly base coat, not sure why I haven't tried their colors yet. Thank you for the inspiration!
    xoxo
    Serein
    http://sereinwu.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the base coat as I usually don't put a base coat on but I will check it out! Thanks for reading :) x

      Delete
  10. So crazy how you guys are going into Autumn now and it's just turned to Spring here! Love Plum Noir, it looks like such a pretty colour!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. I enjoy your post, dear!

    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2016/03/blog-post_30.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh such a gorgeous colour hun! Love this, it's so pretty! Got to love Orly - their bonder is amazing and keeps nail polish on so much longer! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I never wear dark shades because it makes me look even paler than I am however this is definitely one for when I am fake tanned! <3
    Katherine Rosie | Beauty & Lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. I really want to try Orly Nail Polishes! This is a great post!! XX

    thisbeautylover.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.