3 Easy DIY Canvas Decor

by - Monday, March 14, 2016

And another Monday rolls around. I decided to start off the week with a post about a couple of recent DIY decors I have done. 
I was on Pinterest and I came across a whole bunch of geometric canvas art that looked pretty easy. 
So then it began, I gathered all my equipment and started painting and taping and peeling and bam!


The supplies I needed I already had at home. Feel free to swap the colours out but I decided on these colours because metals have been so in recently.


1. Canvas (they're pretty inexpensive now a days) - You can also use a piece of wood panel if you want to
2. Paint - You can use spray paint if you want which will be much quicker but if you decide to brush it on then I recommend acrylics. 
3. Paint brush - Taklon if preferable because I find these give the best smooth strokes
4. Glitter Tape - This was the easiest and fuss-free option. You can also do the peeling method with glue and glitter


Taklon brushes - I went with the flat edges because it covers more ground and in one the decor pieces I wanted to create straight edges and same thickness.

Silver & Black Geometric 
This is inspired by a pin I found >> Washi Tape Wall Art << The person used thin black washi tape which is a great idea but I didn't want to go out and purchase that so I decided that painting it would be easier for me
So I first started off by painting an entire canvas silver (it was a little time consuming but well worth it). I then sketched out the lines I wanted onto the canvas and then I pretty much just free handed the entire thing. 

Gold and Black Diagonals
These types of DIY decors are everywhere - and it makes sense because they're so easy! All I did was paint a canvas black and waited for it to dry completely. I then applied tape where I wanted the black to show and painted gold metallic paint on top. I think this would look really cool if I had done it on a bigger canvas which I probably will be doing soon!


9 Piece Geometric.
This was most definitely the easiest out of all of them. Theres pretty much only two steps to this, paint and tape and your done. Trust me when I say this - everyone needs to try it out. Alternatives to the glitter tape can be just glitter and glue although this is a little time consuming because you need to section off the bits you want clean. 


I hope you enjoyed my first DIY blog post! These are probably some of the easiest decors for your home/room you can do and I would definitely recommend everyone try this out because all together they took 2-3 hours (including paint drying time in the sun)

Thanks for reading! 

You May Also Like

22 comments

  1. Wow all these diys look so good! The 9 piece one is gorgeous! I kinda want to attempt to do it!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 9 piece one is so easy to do! You can even buy canvas already black or just leave it white and the entire thing will only take up 10 minutes or so :) xx

      Delete
  2. These look so cool, I've wanted to do something like this for a while, I love the first gold and black one! :)

    Heather x heathermaisie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that one as well - I just wish I had done it on a bigger canvas haha :)

      Delete
  3. I love the way these came out and how easy it is to do! Definitely will be trying this when I get a chance!

    xo, alice / T Y P E N U

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! So much fun as well :) xx

      Delete
  4. I love how this looks! Imagine it in white and rose gold! :D
    I always want to try things from Pinterest but I end up procrastinating. ;)

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things on pinterest don't always work out too hahah! White & rose gold would look amazing - haven't found a rose gold paint though :) x

      Delete
  5. It looks great and easy to do, I must admit!

    Connect with me:
    BLOGLOVIN: https://www.bloglovin.com/blog...
    INSTA: https://www.instagram.com/igab...
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/igaberry1
    WEBSITE: https://www.igaberry.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh - this is absolutely gorgeous, I love it! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk
    http://www.youtube.com/sprinklesofstyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, it was a lot of fun to do as well! x

      Delete
  7. OOO..this is such a great idea!

    Mallory // Perhaps Bananas

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so cool! Great idea, love this post xx

    Marlinde

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW Absolutely love these, definitely going to try it out! Thanks for the inspiration.

    Sam || Beautydetour

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow this is super easy and fun! Im going to have to give it a try!
    Awesome post!

    http://lavendernhoney.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so much fun as well as easy to make :)

      Delete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.