What I Learnt After A Month of Blogging

by - Friday, February 26, 2016

One Month.

I remember last month I decided that I would finally start my own blog. I have always been inspired by bloggers and the content they put out there for us and I guess I just wanted to have my own space where I could do the same. I have always enjoyed writing but not in the sense of a fictional novel or story - but I guess this is my own personal story in a way

So here I am a month later with a little over 100 followers/readers on Bloglovin' which I consider to be quite an achievement. I know for some, 100 followers/readers isn't much because there are bloggers out there with thousands and millions. I am so appreciative of the amount of comments and support I have on my blog, and there was no way that I thought I could reach over 100 followers in a month when I first started this.


The first post I decided to write about was my new smoothie obsession, (and if you haven't checked that out, please do!) and since then I have written around 7 posts. I have started writing and posting on a more consistent schedule with 2 posts a week, normally on Mondays and Fridays and I hope this all goes to plan in the future.


So I know this has been a bit of a rambly post but I have also decided to share with you some of my own beginner tips on starting a blog.

TIP 1 Content that you would want to read. It's essential that you post about what you love because otherwise blogging can almost feel like a chore and get boring quite easily.

TIP 2 Interact with other bloggers and their blogs. Before I began writing my own blog I would always comment on other peoples blogs letting them know that I enjoyed reading their blog and I loved the content they put out.
TIP 3 Bloglovin' is probably how you found my blog in the first place and if you didn't find my blog through bloglovin - go to bloglovin! This is a great way to keep up to date with your favourite bloggers and blogs as well as your favourite posts.

TIP 4 Natural light for your photographs. I haven't entirely mastered the photography in my own posts or the manual mode on my DSLR but I find that without any of that and just some good lighting, the photo will turn out pretty nice anyway.

TIP 5 Pre-schedule your posts because that way if you miss out on a day then you'll still have posted something. Pre scheduling takes time and some people have very busy schedules so just make you plan everything out before hand. I tend to write out my blog posts out a few days before as well as take photos in advance




I hope you have found this blog post helpful. As a beginner, I know how hard it is to start a blog especially when you have no idea what you're doing! I thought that this was a nice post to do because I remember reading a whole bunch of these when I first started myself. The tips I have listed are what works best for me - not for everyone - so please let me know some of the things you found helpful when starting out blogging!



Thanks for reading and please leave comments on how you started your blog! I would love to know about other peoples 'blogging journeys'. 


You May Also Like

30 comments

  1. Great post Kathy! You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe it's only been a month, your blog is so great I only discovered it today! Ypur photos are great and they certainly inspire me! What camera do you use?

    http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/blog/expectation-vs-reality-the-reality-of-blogging

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for reading!! I use the Nikon d3200 with a 18-55mm lens - which came all together :)
      Kathy xx

      Delete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations ! Thanks for sharing your tips !
    Alexandra
    http://littlefrenchblog.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your blog is looking so amazing, I bet no one would believe you've only been doing it a month! Keep it up girl! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!!! I have loved every part of blogging so far :) xx

      Delete
  6. The post is fantastic! I love it so much:)
    Have a nice day!

    www.theprintedse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. WHAT?!? Over 100 Bloglovin' followers in just one month? Congrats. Your blog is doing really good :) Thank you for sharing your tips.

    girl C
    https://fromgirlc.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was great! I feel inspired to maybe do one of my own :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such an awesome and helpful post! I've been doing pre-scheduling lately too and it works like a charm :)

    Angelie // Maybelline the Magnum Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara Review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pre scheduling my posts has been a life saver because there are days when I feel super productive and so I'll just write 2 or 3 in one go :) Thank you so much!! xx

      Delete
  10. Yay! huge congratulations to you hun! You are doing fab for only going a month, 100 followers is loads in one month! well done!

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I have loved blogging so far :) xx

      Delete
  11. Like the first photo :)
    BLOG M&MFASHIONBITES : http://mmfashionbites.blogspot.gr/
    Maria V.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had known this when I first started! I'm only just learning the basics now! Well done on the 100 on Bloglovin though x

    Tamz | http://www.throughneweyesx.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I am still learning the basics even after finding out so many tips and tricks :) x

      Delete
  13. Yes, yes and yes! I agree with all of these. Happy one month anniversary of your blog, I adore it!

    Love,
    Hannie Arden from missingwanderer.org.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this! It's lovely o hear new bloggers enjoying it and thinking about what they're learning. Your blog looks lovely, hard to believe it's new!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I have realised that a lot of time an effort definitely goes into this :) x

      Delete
  15. congrats. a hundred followers is amazing and i surely didn't have 100 after a month but thats fine. lets see where you will be in a year.


    loovelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. its only been a month?! I love your blog so much! x

    Heather x heathermaisie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. you are doing great! Your post are great and your pictures are beautiful too so two thumbs up from me! Keep up the good work! Congrats on your 100 followers !
    Well 101 followers as I am following you now on Bloglovin'

    http://allornothing-blog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I put so much work into it and I love when people acknowledge that!! :) xx

      Delete
  18. Congrats on your 100 followers - you've done really well for only your first month! I've only just started blogging too so it's nice to know other people are in the same boat! xx

    www.heygeorgiegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations - a lot of people don't really know what goes on with blogging, you have to put in so much time and effort so well done to you for building up the way that you have! :)

    Layla xx

    http://www.sprinklesofstyle.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! A lot of time is definitely spent on this :) xx

      Delete
  20. I'd say you've done pretty well for just a month of blogging, you are obviously giving your audience some great content! I've been blogging on and off for a few years now, I find it's a constantly evolving process, and that's half the fun! Good luck with your next month, and many months to come! x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great posts. Keep it up some lovely content =]

    www.natalieayse.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.