Five Basic Clothing Essentials

by - Monday, February 22, 2016

Happy Monday everyone! I decided to start off this week by sharing with you some of my clothing essentials. These are some basic pieces I wear all the time and I definitely couldn't live with out them. My style is very much comfy and relaxed all the time so all these pieces are definitely in those categories. 



1. Converse - I have about 10 pairs all different colours and styles but the neutral ones like white and black are probably my most worn. I have also started wearing my navy and maroon ones more because it adds a pop of colour especially if the rest of your outfit is pretty plain.

2. Leggings - They're pretty much the only 'pants' I wear. They're perfect for all different seasons because they're so comfortable and I find styling them quite easy.

3. White V Neck Tshirt - This is an essential because it really goes with everything, super basic and really comfortable.

4. Denim Jacket - So the jacket I like wearing most is probably my denim one because I can layer things under it quite easily. Also because I barely wear jeans that much, double denim isn't going to be a problem - Although this trend has started appearing more often now.

5. Plaid shirt - These are my go to's in the Autumn because it brings a little warmth if you get a little cold. I have plaid shirts that are thinner and some that are thicker which is great in New Zealand because you never know what the weather will be like.

I hope you guys enjoyed this post and let me know if you guys have any other essential pieces in your wardrobe! 


You May Also Like

31 comments

  1. The post is fantastic! I love it so much:)
    Have a great weekend!

    www.theprintedsea.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't go wrong with any of these!:-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is like my ideal wardrobe, simple, oh so comfy yet still stylish! :)

    http://lux-rose.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love my denim jacket so much, definitely a must! love this post! :)

    Heather x heathermaisie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really can't go wrong with a denim jacket, makes any outfit look lovely!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love me some plaid in the autumn and winter! It adds such a cozy look and feel to an outfit ♥
    What do you usually style your denim jacket?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing my denim jacket with pretty much anything :) Usually a plain white tee and my leggings or for the winter season I'll wear a knit top underneath, it's honestly so versatile! Thank you for reading xx

      Delete
  7. Love this post! I subscribed! I totally agree. Converse are Life for me :) xoxo Regina/The Every Day Mix

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome list! I want to get a pair of white converse as well as a denim jacket sometime!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are so neutral and easy to style! They are for sure essentials for me too. Another clothing idea I would add is a rain jacket. It will not fit everyone, but it fits me. Where I live it rains so often I can't even count the days :)

    girl C
    https://fromgirlc.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In New Zealand a rain jacket is definitely necessary haha! It will be sunny one minute and then raining the next :) I don't really have a rain jacket I like yet though so decided not to include it

      kathy xx

      Delete
  10. These are definitely essentials! Converse and a denim jacket are must haves! Great post x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a pretty similar casual style as well! Your picks definitely work!
    Currently I'm into grey sneakers with skinny jeans and neutral t-shirt. Pretty bland but I like it! xx

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice post! I enjoy it.
    http://starlingdays.blogspot.com/2016/02/justlove.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! I really love leggings too

    lifeisashoe

    ReplyDelete
  14. Plaid shirts, white tee shirts and a denim jacket are all part of mine too :) xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I would say exactly the same only I call Plaid "Tartan". My constant outfit is black leggings, Slip on vans, tartan shirt & Black tshirt. Cannot wait for summer to be back to wear my denim jacket again :)

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Slip on vans are another must!! They're so quick to put on but I'm not a big fan of the 'no show' socks that much :)

      Delete
  16. We have almost the same essentials ! I would just had a pair of heels and a black dress !
    Alexandra
    http://littlefrenchblog.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Props to you for being able to wear heels! I am all about that comfort haha :) xx

      Delete
  17. I can't believe that I don't even own any converse! It needs rectifying xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely a must! Or just any sneakers really but converse are my preferred choice

      Delete
  18. I could not agree more with these 5 basic essentials. Not only do they work great when combined together, but they are such perfect staples to pair with more unique and bolder pieces!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes!! Most of these work so well together. I often wear my denim jacket and leggings and white tee together and sometimes my white tee and plaid shirt. There is such a variety of looks you can create with these 5 pieces :) xx

      Delete
  19. I've been dying for a pair of white Converse! Great post.

    -Emily
    http://simply-emily.net

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great posts! I love denim jackets. I feel like the only person who doesn't own any converse ha, but I really want a pair. I can just never decide on a colour.

    Lauren | laurenthedaydreamer.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say white or black because you can wear them with everything :) xx

      Delete
  21. Fantastic post!!

    www.brooklynglam.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Basically summed up what I wear.. every single day!

    Love this post!

    Ella - ellapitt.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much - these 5 pieces are worn during 90% of the week hahah!

      Kathy xx

      Delete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.