February Favourites

by - Monday, February 29, 2016

So on this extra day in February I decided I would post my very first monthly favourites.
January and February has just been and gone! I have been enjoying a lot of things during this past two months and decided I would share them with you. 

I've never done a favourites post before and as I have mentioned before I am quite new to photographing products so there's just a whole bunch of new things I'm trying to learn! 

Beauty



1. 'Lancome duo eyeshadow' which has been discontinued but I have been recently loving simple eye looks - a semi shimmery shade for over the lid and a matte brown/grey for the crease.

2&3. 'Maybelline Brow Precise in Dark Brown' and 'NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil in Black' are the two brow products I have been using, and together for that matter. I like to fill the first section in with the dark brown and the end with the black. 

4. 'Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous' is one of the very few foundations I use. This foundation does a really great job with a medium to full coverage

5. 'Maybelline Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick' is another foundation I have started using for when I need quick on the go application. I will just do a few swipes of this across my face and blend it in with my fingers.

6. 'Burt's Bee's Lip Balm Grapefruit' is my favourite lip balm to use all year round but especially recently. 

7. 'Not Your Mother's Dry Shampoo' is a really great dry shampoo that I have been loving in the summer. I have very oily hair so to stop my hair from drying out and prevent breakage by washing it to much, I just use a couple spritz of this and I'm good to go.

8. 'Maybelline Baby Skin Primer' does a really good job of smoothing out the skin as well as increasing the longevity of your foundation.

9. 'NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brulee' is a great easy to wear and apply lip product - you don't even need a mirror! 

Scents




1. 'Bvlgari Omnia Paraiba' is a really nice scent. I usually lean towards these scents that are lighter and a bit more fruitier. The longevity on me and my skin is quite good which is why a prefer it over some other scents.

2. 'Bath & Body Works Endless Weekend Body Cream' is super moisturising and perfect after you get out of the shower. It has a really fresh scent to it which is great for summer as well as that, it isn't as sticky as some other body creams.

3. 'Victoria's Secret Pure Daydream Mist' is once again another fresh scent. I just love a fresh clean scent for summer. This one is perfect for day time because it has a good mix between fruity and florally.

Fashion - Jewellery


1. 'Marc by Marc Jacobs Amy Bracelet Silver Watch' has been a recent purchase of mine and I haven't stopped wearing it. I love the fact that this actually has numbers because even though I should be able to read the time at this age, I'm still not that good at it 

2. Rings and Necklace from a small boutique I went to in Australia. I'm not entirely sure what the name of the store was since it was so long ago! But thats besides the point, I have been loving the look of mix metals.

Books - ish


1. 'Not That Kind Of Girl by Lena Dunham' is a great read for those chill days when you have nothing to do. Lena Dunham is hilarious so if you're a fan of her work then you would love this book.

2. 'Q&A a Day 5 year Journal' is something I would recommend for those who want to keep a journal but struggle to find anything to write about or just can't seem to remember to write. This is great because if you skip a few days or a few months you can come back and write about it the next year.

3. 'The Mindfulness Colouring Book by Emma Farrarons' is a colouring book with great patterns.  This is great because it is just pages of blank patterns for you to colour. I also really like that this is an on-the-go type of book because of it's smaller size.

Entertainment

Shows 


The 100 CW - Season 3 has just started and I am hooked! If you haven't already I would recommend you to go watch it. This show is about humans finding life on space because of the risks on earth. There are 100 juvenile prisoners who are sent off to earth to see if it really is inhabitable due to the  the decreasing resources there are on 'The Ark'. I don't want to ruin anything so I'll stop there but trust me - this is good!


The Blacklist NBC - This is another show I never thought I would be interested in. Crime and Horror just doesn't draw me in but this sure did. This show is about Raymond Reddington (Red) who has become one of the FBI's most wanted fugitives. He surrenders himself to help the FBI by giving them insight into criminals and terrorists that the US Government themselves wouldn't even have. However he claims he will only work with Elizabeth Keen who is a rookie profiler. The show always leaves me hanging because I really don't know what will happen next.

Movies


The Maze Runner is a trilogy and 'the Scorch Trials' is the second part. You can get this on DVD and I really recommend you watching this as well as the first part. The cast is amazing as well as the plot which draws you in and your jaw is hanging! + Dylan O'Brien is amazing.

Music


Tori Kelly has been a favourite for sure! Her album 'Unbreakable Smile' has been on repeat and some of my favourites are Nobody Love, Should've Been Us, and Anyway.
Her songs are super catchy so be warned.

I hope you enjoyed this post. I've had a wonderful start to the year so far with such great feedback from everyone! Thank you for reading :)

You May Also Like

29 comments

  1. I love Blacklist as well !
    Alexandra
    http://littlefrenchblog.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so intense! I don't ever normally watch shows like this haha :) x

      Delete
  2. The 100 is an amazing show! i can't stop watching it!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right ?! I can't wait to see where the show goes, it seems like wars about to happen very soon! :) x

      Delete
  3. I loved the Scorch Trials! It was so good, very intense, but incredible. Dylan O'Brien really is amazing <3
    Steph x.
    marvelsteph.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait for the next one!! x

      Delete
  4. Lol, I also go for watches with numbers! I have the tiny Amy version of the Marc Jacobs watch, I love it! I've been watching Blacklist on Netflix as well. :)

    Advaita | Blush Canvas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was deciding between the mini or the bigger sized marcjacobs because I have really small wrists! I kinda like the bigger look though :) x

      Delete
  5. I have the line a day journal too, and I love using it every night before bed! It's become a kind of ritual for me.

    Bethany | Curly and Wordy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also use it before I go to bed as well! I love to look back on what I wrote weeks ago and see how that day was :) x

      Delete
  6. I'm a lover of The 1OO. It's an amazing show. Your favourites are super cool. I've been wanting to try a lot of these. I also love that scent of VS Mist.
    www.rumbii.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The 100 is my all time favourite show by far! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  7. The Blacklist sounds really intriguing! I enjoyed White Collar, which is also about an FBI agent who works with a criminal, but it's a lot more light-hearted. Would totally recommend if you haven't seen it already!

    Angelina Is | Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! White Collar is on my 'to watch list' which is getting longer day by day - I have just started classes though so I probably won't be getting to that soon but I definitely do wanna watch it :) x

      Delete
  8. I wish we had a Bath&Body Works in the UK, every product just sounds to die for!! I also love the Maybelline Baby Skin, it does a great job to blur my pores :)

    Toni x
    www.clarkecouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wish B&BW was available in NZ but I got these whilst in the states and I couldn't buy that much of it :) thanks for reading! xx

      Delete
  9. Loving your February favorites! I am so obsessed with The Blacklist, it is such a good show!

    Rae | Love from Berlin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably my top 3 show tbh! :) Thank you for reading x

      Delete
  10. Hi there, I loved this post! Jus letting you know that I have nominated you for the liebster award on my blog. Thankyou:)

    http://anythingandeverything.weebly.com/blog/the-liebster-tag

    ReplyDelete
  11. I so love how you have done your favourites! they look fab! :) I was obsessed with 100 a while back I really need to catch up! Also obsessed with colouring in, and really need to try more from NYX their butter gloss looks fab! :0

    http://www.makeerinover.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! The 100 is getting really good as well :) x

      Delete
  12. I enjoyed reading this post :) Thank you for showing a different alternative for eyebrow pencils, because I usually only see the Anastasia Beverly Hills one being reviewed and I was looking for something that wouldn't break the bank this month! Haha xx

    www.silkandsapphire.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really do love the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow wiz but I much prefer using inexpensive products just because I feel like I'm not wasting much money :) x

      Delete
  13. That Marc Jacobs watch is lovely! I also love the Maze Runner films, they're really good!

    Kayleigh
    http://hazelnutmusings.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am already waiting for the next movie hahah! :) x

      Delete
  14. How did I not find your blog sooner?! It's so good <333

    Greetings from America,
    Edye // Gracefulcoffee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I love going to America for the shopping hahah :) x

      Delete
  15. The NYX Creme Brulee butter gloss is one of my favorite lip glosses to wear too. Also I've been curious to try that CG foundation for a while now. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.