Top Three Polishes

by - Saturday, February 06, 2016

I have recently been clearing out some beauty products and I came across an entire bin worth of old, dried up nail polish. I realised then that one did not need this many - I had never even used half of it.
Among this pile of nail polishes I had found three of my top polishes.


The first bottle is ... China Glaze 'Sunset Sail'.
This application is only with two coats and even though it is quite transparent, you still get a pretty good colour payoff. Some times I prefer to use polishes that are more transparent just because it's a little more versatile



The second bottle is ... OPI 'Mod About You'.
This is such a nice light pink to have in your nail polish collection. Unlike the previous polish, this is quite opaque even with one coat. I would go ahead and apply two coats anyways just for longevity. I really love OPI as a brand because the quality of the polishes are great.


Along with this bottle I bought a very very transparent pink, almost clear, called 'It's a Girl'. It's great for very natural look and probably school approved as it is basically super natural. As this can't really be built up to a intense pink it is great for french manicures for the white tips to go on top. 



The third bottle is ... Essie 'Lady Like'.
This is an all year round favourite and has been for years because of it's perfect nude tone. I also really like Essie's formula (on most of them) because the polish is super light even when the colour is quite intense. This is a brand I really recommend!


So among these three polishes I have also been pairing a lot of my polishes up with a matte top coat! I love this look, especially with the Essie colour. The matte top coat I have been using is Orly which dry's quick and is great for when you are in a rush.


Nail Care

To remove my nail polish I always use an acetone-free remover because it is less harsh as well as preventing them from being brittle.



For my cuticles I use Burt's Bees lemon cuticle cream. Right after I take my nail polish off I like to apply this around my nails to nourish and rehydrate them.


Hope you enjoyed this blog post!


You May Also Like

11 comments

  1. I love nail polish! I have way too many too - I should probably take a page from your book, and clean them out! Also, I've been using that lemon cuticle cream from Burt's Bees for years! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm dreading the day when I run out of the cuticle cream! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of these polishes haha! OPI in particular havethe best range of pinks! ♥

    http://sweetasmae.blogspot.co.nz/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, the matte top coat for the win!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love that pink! I've got a similar one and loving lilac colours too! x

    G

    teawithgi.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love lilac colours pretty much all year round haha :)

      Kathy xx

      Delete
  6. The pink nail polish from OPI is reaaaaaaally similar to the Mua in Lush Lilac! Now I see why you said you'd pick it up! It's a gorgeous colour :)

    abittersweetdiary.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Essie one looks elegant ;)
    http://littlefrenchblog.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! Such a classy chic colour
      Kathy xx

      Delete
  8. I have the Burts Bees Cuticle Cream but I don't like it that much ! I never used an Essie nail polish so, I am planning to get one soon x

    themisslubna.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  9. such pretty polish shades! love nude polishes <3

    Life in Pastel

    ReplyDelete

Alongcamekathy. Powered by Blogger.